JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, that's obviously why it was said. I just don't see WHAT a criminal could do with a license plate number. Purposefully go find the dude's house that's obviously well-armed? 🤣 Doubtful. Anyway, simply curious as I've always found it needlessly paranoid. Not trying to cause a stir....

Yes, that's obviously why it was said. I just don't see WHAT a criminal could do with a license plate number. Purposefully go find the dude's house that's obviously well-armed? 🤣 Doubtful. Anyway, simply curious as I've always found it needlessly paranoid. Not trying to cause a stir....
Well a smart criminal would wait till the home owner ( gun owner ) was gone...
Granted I said "smart criminal"... :D

Anti gun people could find the license plate number useful ....

Again...just something to consider...and it may not come to anything...but why give out such information...?
Andy

Koolbak said:

1675648434985.png

Might wanna black-out that license plate...
It's about as smart as bumper stickers like this one…. Took this photo at a light out by the PDX airport. Maybe they're a member here…. "Protected by 9mm."

I'm half tempted to start a thread for dumb "2A, look at me" bumper stickers I see on a regular basis.

08674422-9212-4A10-BDB5-D4134EAF4581.jpeg

It's about as smart as bumper stickers like this one…. Took this photo at a light out by the PDX airport. Maybe they're a member here…. "Protected by 9mm."

I'm half tempted to start a thread for dumb "2A, look at me" bumper stickers I see on a regular basis.

View attachment 1360204
It has been done.

I don't usually advertise my possession or involvement with guns. But did once. Back when I was living in Corvallis I got a phone call in the night. Picked up phone. Male voice starts saying what he was going to do to me, said he was looking at my house right now and gave address,etc. I broke out into loud laughter, then answered, "I've got two large dogs and shoot .44 magnums for fun." Hung up and went back to sleep.

Boy did that guy choose the wrong lady to try to terrorize with that sort of crap. I still laugh remembering it. Being simple-minded, my words were straight truth. However the .44s were actually just for hunting, woods carry, and recreation, and it was a 6" Ruger Security Six that was my bedside and home defense gun in those days.

Last Edited:
I don't usually advertise my possession or involvement with guns. But did once. Back when I was living in Corvallis I got a phone call in the night. Picked up phone. Male voice starts saying what he was going to do to me, said he was looking at my house right now and gave address,etc. I broke out into loud laughter, then answered, "I've got two large dogs and shoot .44 magnums for fun." Hung up and went back to sleep.

Boy did that guy choose the wrong lady to try to terrorize with that sort of crap. I still laugh remembering it. Being simple-minded, my words were straight truth. However the .44s were actually just for hunting, woods carry, and recreation, and it was a 6" Ruger Security Six that was my bedside and home defense gun in those days.
This turn in the thread reminds me of the time I was helping my dad work on some guy's boat, and as I walked through the door, I couldn't help but notice the sign next to the door that read, THIS VESSEL IS PROTECTED BY THE MARK 48 TORPEDO. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Then I turned to my dad and asked, "What's a Mark 48 Torpedo?" ;)

Well a smart criminal would wait till the home owner ( gun owner ) was gone...
Granted I said "smart criminal"... :D

Anti gun people could find the license plate number useful ....

Again...just something to consider...and it may not come to anything...but why give out such information...?
Andy
You must not shoot in the woods or go to an indoor range then.

Criminals cannot run plate numbers but could pretty easily follow you home.

I am dealing with a guy on a vin number for a classic car out of Texas right now.

Trying to get only the second digit (tells me if it's a clone or not)
and the fifth digit (tells me what size engine from the factory)

Told him that is all I need, no other numbers. It's like pulling teeth.
VIN numbers are clearly visible on your dashboard people. What can I do with it?

I am dealing with a guy on a vin number for a classic car out of Texas right now.

Trying to get only the second digit (tells me if it's a clone or not)
and the fifth digit (tells me what size engine from the factory)

Told him that is all I need, no other numbers. It's like pulling teeth.
VIN numbers are clearly visible on your dashboard people. What can I do with it?
If he's being that hard about getting some simple information to you, either....
A) He's a lazy butt and may never get you that info.
...or...
B) He's trying to pull a fast one.

Either way, if he doesn't come through after a couple of requests, pass on it.
Something's not Kosher.

You must not shoot in the woods or go to an indoor range then.
I shoot in the woods as often as possible
Do my best to not use a indoor range.

It ain't good to assume things.
Andy

Edit to add :
In any event...post your license plate if you wish...it don't matter to me none.
I just was tossing out some things to consider.

Last Edited:
I shoot in the woods as often as possible
Do my best to not use a indoor range.

It ain't good to assume things.
Andy

Edit to add :
In any event...post your license plate if you wish...it don't matter to me none.
I just was tossing out some things to consider.
I hear you but two of my rigs are outside right now with plates front and rear and vin clearly visible through the windshield.

Would be a much better use of a criminal's time to follow a purchaser home from a gun store.

They still have the issue of taking on a gun owner however 👍

okay then, maybe explain?
At the risk of coming across as pedantic, I'm going to assume you really don't understand the joke here. So, yes, I will explain...
  1. Begin by going back to the previous page and start reading at Post #2,056.
  2. Read all the way through to @OldBroad44's post at #2,067.
  3. Then skip through Posts #2,068 to #2,070, and restart where @Andy54Hawken returns to the discussion at Post #2,071, and include Post #2,072.
  4. Now, here's where you enter the fray, attempting to bring the thread back on topic. While we sincerely applaud your efforts in this regard, I'm obliged to remind you that you should know, given your join date, that many of us here at NWFA are a buncha cantankerous old farts who are quite reticent to abandon a lively discussion that ultimately may lead to a great joke. We live for this possibility... :)
  5. And therein lies the prize... Now enters @Mikej at Post #2,074, and cracks, albeit at your expense, the best joke of the whole discussion.
  6. You unwarily wander into the kill-zone with your query, which results in me springing the trap, and posting my (in)famous "You Missed the Point" GIF.
And now here we are. Make sense?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads