JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was up at the N. Wolf Creek lane 2 a week ago trying out my new Henry All Weather in 45-70. Too much fun, can't wait to get a scope on it and take her out to 100+ yards !!!!

Range Day with Vismark-2.JPG Range Day with Vismark-4.JPG Range-Day-with-Vismark-5.jpg

That revolver is almost as big as your daughter....brave girl. ( ;) )
Nice to see another generation learning and enjoying our craft.
Way to be a Dad, Pathfinder. d-(^_^)-b

Little 5 shot string from the 223 at 100 yards. White oak upper. 77 gr smk with tac powder. Shot off bags not a sled

View attachment 618530
Pretty sweet shooting ar there buddy. Some AR's can be very accurate. I'm glad you are representing them well. If I ever shot 5 shot groups with mine, they might look like that.... Generally I'm shooting 10. Most times I think about stopping at 5, when its a nice cluster like that, but then I think to myself, "nah, the 24 hour campfire moa all day long challenge and black rifle challenge is nothing but 10 shot groups". I also shoot 10 shot groups for score at my clubs competitions as well. Just can't escape those pesky 10 shot groups.. However, the other day it was getting late and daylight was fading. I had my new to me 6WOA and only shot 3 shots. Nice little clover leaf group:
pJ2nwqh.jpg

I like good shooting AR's. Most of mine are consistent sub moa shooters (for 10 shot groups anyhow)...

I did a little shooting today. Little warm over here on the eastside but not much you can do about that. ;) The theme of the day was my lack of concentration. Everyone of the groups pictured would have been much better if I had stopped one or two shots earlier.

Started with my Springfield 1911 because I cleaned it hoping to fix a problem I am having with it. Cleaning didn't fix the problem and my old eyes didn't help the target look any better either.
View attachment 611724View attachment 611725

Moved on to my Ruger Precision Rimfire 22lr at 50 yards. Getting it sighted in again after changing to higher rings. The group on the right is a great 13 shot group. :(
View attachment 611729

Then to my RPR in 6.5 CM. Again, pretty darn good 9 shot group but the 10th kind of ruined it. View attachment 611730

And a pic of the rifles. I do seem to get a nice cloud/skyline background in these pics. View attachment 611731
I like your posts man. I'll give you credit on your 10 shot groups my friend. I like them. They really help me. Some guys will rattle off at the mouth and say that shooting at 100 doesn't help with anything and I'll disagree with them every time. You shoot 10 shot groups for score or size and you are working on your training/marksmanship. If you get to the point where you are just burning a hole in the orange, you'll do good at long range. You know that, I know that. It makes me wonder how many guys actually shoot at longer distances.. You know what I'm talking about... I made this shooting tree for practice at 400-450 yards:
T5hOAMQ.jpg
OzI6uBX.jpg
GW9ueWQ.jpg
^^I knocked all the paint off the 2" target :D^^
Its' great because it makes you focus on your marksmanship and training. All of which can be learned at the 100 yard range.
6irR4Ve.jpg
8x33I6s.jpg

7N88Ozp.jpg

Last Edited:
Pretty sweet shooting ar there buddy. Some AR's can be very accurate. I'm glad you are representing them well. If I ever shot 5 shot groups with mine, they might look like that.... Generally I'm shooting 10. Most times I think about stopping at 5, when its a nice cluster like that, but then I think to myself, "nah, the 24 hour campfire moa all day long challenge and black rifle challenge is nothing but 10 shot groups". I also shoot 10 shot groups for score at my clubs competitions as well. Just can't escape those pesky 10 shot groups.. However, the other day it was getting late and daylight was fading. I had my new to me 6WOA and only shot 3 shots. Nice little clover leaf group:
View attachment 633383

I like good shooting AR's. Most of mine are consistent sub moa shooters (for 10 shot groups anyhow)...
I really like white oak. They make some very nice stuff at a reasonable price. I need to start shooting more 10 shot groups. Just been shooting fives for a long time. I have been shooting At the range allot. They only go out to two hundred but found a nice spot I will be able to get out to 1000. Looking forward to streching out the 6.5

Last Edited:
I really like white oak. They make some very nice stuff at a reasonable price. I need to start shooting more shots in a group. Just been shooting fives for a long time. I have been shooting At the range allot. They only go out to two hundred but found a nice spot I will be able to get out to 1000. Looking forward to steching out the 6.5
My WOA is coming along nicely as well. They have some good stuff there. You will enjoy the heck out of stretching the 6.5 cm out. It likes to be shot long range. After all, thats what it was designed for. Ill be putting together my new Tikka deluxe 300 WSM and trying it at distance. Just bought a nightforce for it, so dialing will be a cinch and very reliable. My boss made me feel bad the other day, when he couldnt even hit the 4" dia. plate at 400...almost felt like putting the Tikka CTR 6.5 away. That rifle makes it too easy.. so now, to make it fair, we'll both be using 300 magnums... i just hope i dont tear the 2"plate off of my new tree!!!!

My inventor-brain is having fun with another puzzle.

I got a nice flash hider for my AK pistol - but it turns out, there's a very good reason these little pistols are named "Draco" - they're fire-breathers, even with a good flash hider installed.

So now, my brain is coming up with ways to completely do away with that fireball, and still be able to use a short barrel like this one.

89E57838-5B57-43DC-96EC-C30761EA40FB.jpeg

AD6384FB-78EB-4155-95BF-B55C676D4339.jpeg

19A8A626-A18E-40E8-8AEC-3DED09635226.jpeg

CD707750-9162-4887-922F-3434680F8A9D.png

I like your posts man. I'll give you credit on your 10 shot groups my friend. I like them. They really help me. Some guys will rattle off at the mouth and say that shooting at 100 doesn't help with anything and I'll disagree with them every time. You shoot 10 shot groups for score or size and you are working on your training/marksmanship. If you get to the point where you are just burning a hole in the orange, you'll do good at long range. You know that, I know that. It makes me wonder how many guys actually shoot at longer distances.. You know what I'm talking about... I made this shooting tree for practice at 400-450 yards:
View attachment 633385
View attachment 633386
View attachment 633387
^^I knocked all the paint off the 2" target :D^^
Its' great because it makes you focus on your marksmanship and training. All of which can be learned at the 100 yard range.
View attachment 633388
View attachment 633389

View attachment 633390

Your 2" target scares me at 400 yards. :eek:

Your 2" target scares me at 400 yards. :eek:
A person just has to know his, and his equipments, limits. And also be honest about it. I know there's always been a lot of talk on the net about guys thinking they have a 1/2 moa rifle. That target i made will prove that fact for some, and confirm it for others. One reason i like your posts is because i know you shoot a lot of long range, and you are also honest about your abilities. You are probably one of the few guys i might not want to shoot against. I imagine, one day, we'll get together and fling some lead.

A person just has to know his, and his equipments, limits. And also be honest about it. I know there's always been a lot of talk on the net about guys thinking they have a 1/2 moa rifle. That target i made will prove that fact for some, and confirm it for others. One reason i like your posts is because i know you shoot a lot of long range, and you are also honest about your abilities. You are probably one of the few guys i might not want to shoot against. I imagine, one day, we'll get together and fling some lead.

I think that 2" target is my limit. :)

I imagine that one day we will get together and do a little shooting. I am sure you will teach me a thing or 10.

I think that 2" target is my limit. :)

I imagine that one day we will get together and do a little shooting. I am sure you will teach me a thing or 10.
I don't like to think about that 2" target either. The most I've hit it is 8 out of 10 times. The day that my boss went with me, I felt bad because he really thinks he's a heck of a good shot. He could't even hit the 4" target. I keep telling him, he needs to give the 300 magnum a rest and buy a 6.5 creedmoor :D;) . Magnum shooters are mucho macho, sometimes it takes a lot to convince them of anything... I'm almost ready to bring my 300 wm out of retirement though, just to see if I can hit the 2" target with it... I'll have to put a scope on it though:
7T8ehgv.jpg

Another plan is to run my new Tikka 300WSM. Just bought a nightforce for this one:
wvkWwNV.jpg
NK4wZvd.jpg
Its one of the nicest Tikka's I've ever seen. Lucked into this one for sure.. As soon as I get it scoped, I'll take her out and start messing with a load and post some pics. After all, this thread is all about pics, isn't it? :D

I don't like to think about that 2" target either. The most I've hit it is 8 out of 10 times. The day that my boss went with me, I felt bad because he really thinks he's a heck of a good shot. He could't even hit the 4" target. I keep telling him, he needs to give the 300 magnum a rest and buy a 6.5 creedmoor :D;) . Magnum shooters are mucho macho, sometimes it takes a lot to convince them of anything... I'm almost ready to bring my 300 wm out of retirement though, just to see if I can hit the 2" target with it... I'll have to put a scope on it though:
View attachment 634067

Another plan is to run my new Tikka 300WSM. Just bought a nightforce for this one:
View attachment 634068
View attachment 634069
Its one of the nicest Tikka's I've ever seen. Lucked into this one for sure.. As soon as I get it scoped, I'll take her out and start messing with a load and post some pics. After all, this thread is all about pics, isn't it? :D

Both are very nice looking rifles.

I have the same Ruger except in a boat paddle stock. It is truly a joy to shoot. And by joy, I mean after I shoot one round, it is a joy to put it back in the safe. If I was really elk hunting, it would be the perfect tool for the job. Luckily for my shoulder, I am not.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top