JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
University of Miami law professor Mary Anne Franks said the "quite chilling" language deployed by these services is "priming people to look for situations where they can use their gun and not worry about any of the consequences after." Rather than emphasizing de-escalation and non-lethal defence, she said, "What they're saying is: 'Do this risky thing, this risky thing that could be avoided, and then we'll help you.' "

This person has obviously never spent one second reading the USCCA magazine or website. Everything they teach and preach about is avoidance and de-escalation. Using our firearm or knife or hands is the LAST resort.
I long for the day when people tell the truth and stop lying to push a political agenda.

It may be an issue in court when in discovery they find out you got "murder insurance" ahead of time. Were you planning to shoot someone? Why else go to the trouble?
Not my attitude at all, but they would grasp at anything to smear you.

Last Edited:
Isn't this one of the things the loons on the left WANT gun owners to have???? ya know cause they just go out and shoot everyone with their fully, semi automatic black guns of death ?

If you don't mind saying, what's the monthly premium on a policy like that?

image.png

I just sent her this email. Will advise if she replies:

Ms. Franks,

I read the following quote attributed to you in a recent article regarding Insurance coverage for concealed handgun carriers.

University of Miami law professor Mary Anne Franks said the "quite chilling" language deployed by these services is "priming people to look for situations where they can use their gun and not worry about any of the consequences after." Rather than emphasizing de-escalation and non-lethal defence, she said, "What they're saying is: 'Do this risky thing, this risky thing that could be avoided, and then we'll help you.' "

This statement is "quite chilling". Do you say they same about those that purchase auto insurance or home insurance? What about cancer insurance? Are those people simply looking for an avenue that allows them to drive recklessly, play with matches in there home or smoke cigarettes?

Further more, If you had bothered to spend any time at all on USCCA website or reading the free USCCA magazine, you would see that avoidance and de-escalation are first and foremost with the use of any weapon in self defense as a last resort. I would be happy to send you a few of my copies of issues for review. (I am in no way affiliated with USCCA other than being a member for 7 years) By the way I have never looked for a situation to use my weapon and pray I never have too. That being said I also pray I never have to use any of the other insurances above, however I still have them.

Finally, I would suggest in the future you spend more time researching a subject as opposed to intentionally misleading your readers while pushing what appears to be a political agenda.

Isn't this one of the things the loons on the left WANT gun owners to have???? ya know cause they just go out and shoot everyone with their fully, semi automatic black guns of death ?
A vision of a guy in a suit walking down the street in the hood, knocking on doors and selling this insurance just flashed through my mind. Gat insurance! :eek:

Consider that you may actually need two types of insurance. One is like the link the OP provided...to cover your attorney fees, etc. The other is liability insurance. In the event that you do get sued and lose. That's probably not going to be cheap either, given that it seems like a million dollars is the minimum rate for any lawsuit these days. And intentionally shooting someone probably isn't going to be covered under your homeowners policy, even if your life was in danger. You could easily go bankrupt with either one of these expenses.

It's a hell of a world we live in, isn't it? The notion that a bad guy could break into your home, threaten you and your family, you shoot him and then get sued. Yup, it's a hell of a world. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
My professional coverage includes $100,000 firearms liability. Kind of seems a little slim, now that we mention it.
I think my homeowners' policy also has some drib-drabs of liability coverage.

That buzz about murder insurance would last about 20 seconds in the courtroom if you are represented by an actual attorney with an IQ above room temperature and more than a week's experience.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top