JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, had a quick question about shooting out of state, I don't think it will be a problem but I just wanted to double check, better safe than sorry. I live North of Seattle and I have some buddies that live down in Springfield OR, I thought it would be cool to drive down and go shooting with them, but I'm a bit curious how transporting firearms over state lines works. I know I can't conceal carry in Oregon since we don't have reciprocity between the two states, but if my firearms are all unloaded and in cases/socks with the ammunition stored separately in ammo cans would there be any issue? I know Oregon doesn't have any restrictions on magazine sizes so aside from that I can't foresee there being any issues, but I just thought I'd double check. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Seems like you are ok
piecing apart your post
- Concealed Carry = you are legally able to possess = good
- Separate weapon from ammo while transporting = always a safe idea
- transport where you are "out of reach" of the weapon - ie in the back, or in a locked space = always a safe idea.

Yeah I used to do it all the time. Just follow the laws.

No loaded weapons in the vehicle.
I wouldn't even have mags loaded.

I've been stopped before in Oregon carrying weapons, a few, I had my OR CHL though and the state trooper didn't even look at them.

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it! As far as the magazines go, I wasn't planning on loading them prior to my drive down there, I figure it's one less thing I could potentially get yelled at for, IF i were to get pulled over. As for keeping everything out of reach, it was all going to be locked safely in the trunk. Again, thanks for all of your input!

As far as the magazines go, I wasn't planning on loading them prior to my drive down there, I figure it's one less thing I could potentially get yelled at for, IF i were to get pulled over.

in Multnomah county they have an ordinance that requires any mags or cylinders to be unloaded. The rest of the state your fine with preloaded mags.

the gun has to be in the trunk or in a locked container, unloaded of course.

Last Edited:
Always wondered about this one. Figured I'd get a Curio & Relic FFL and be set. Probably going to get OR and WA CHL's too, since I have family and live on both sides. Don't know what the point of a Curio & Relic FFL is anymore tho...

It's all Oregon really, just ask the British. LoL

Always wondered about this one. Figured I'd get a Curio & Relic FFL and be set. Probably going to get OR and WA CHL's too, since I have family and live on both sides. Don't know what the point of a Curio & Relic FFL is anymore tho...

Yeah, I didn't even bother renewing my C&R FFL when it expired thanks to the wonderful I-594 that the clueless Washington residents voted in favor a couple of years ago. I have been told that some of the online ammo/accessory retailers will give you dealer pricing on ammo and accessories if you have your C&R FFL, but I've never personally looked into it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top