JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I currently reside in the Peoples Republic of California but am looking to purchase some property in Cowlitz County, North of Kelso. I'd like to know what the local laws are regarding shooting on your own property, ie; how much property you need, how far from houses, property lines, etc. you may shoot, and anything else. From what I can tell the specific place I'm looking at is not in any city limits but just in Cowlitz county. I've searched but haven't found any info directly relating to this so hopefully someone here has some knowledge on the subject.

You can shoot all you want here. I'm not sure on all the distances and that stuff though. I think it was 2 years ago a couple complained about their neighbors were shooting all the time and would have friends come over and shoot. So they called the sheriff and the sheriff told the neighbors there is nothing to do so stop calling them over it. All the deputies in this area that I have met and been in contact with are really cool guys/girls.

I currently reside in the Peoples Republic of California but am looking to purchase some property in Cowlitz County, North of Kelso. I'd like to know what the local laws are regarding shooting on your own property, ie; how much property you need, how far from houses, property lines, etc. you may shoot, and anything else. From what I can tell the specific place I'm looking at is not in any city limits but just in Cowlitz county. I've searched but haven't found any info directly relating to this so hopefully someone here has some knowledge on the subject.

Cowlitz County is very gun friendly. If you are looking at property north of Kelso, near Castle Rock or Toutle, you will likely not have problems, especially if you are in a more rural/agricultural area. I am in north Kelso and hear gunshots frequently up the hill from me. Select property carefully to make sure you have a proper backstop.

As long as you have decent back stop you should be fine. I'm sure city limits have restrictions like being in town on a city lot. I'm in Lewis county just above county line and I'm 2 minutes from i5 and a mile from town and I shoot all the time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top