JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you drive through silverton headed for Silver Falls State Park there is a great BLM area half way there.......just drive toward the falls. About 1/2 way to the falls you will pass a roadside market on the left......just past there you will see a steel building on the corner (fire dept) TURN LEFT.....there is a Nursery there and a road....it is GRADE road.....drive exactly 5 miles from that point and you will come to a VERY nice open area that has been logged off. If you continue you will see a SPLIT in the road....one goes DOWN....the Other goes UP. Take the UPPER road.....about 200 yards up you will see a road that goes UP......drive to the top of the hill and there is a GREAT area with plenty of room and places to set targets on Stumps ALL over the place.....SHHHH....don't tell too many people.......I NEVER see others there.

There are a lot of NO SHOOTING signs in that area right now due to a couple of active timber harvests. So I would be very careful about where your shooting. And please haul your mess out. The woods around here are starting to look like a garbage dump. I've lived in Silverton 53 years I was born here and its almost to the point I don't even go out locally any more. Even some of the hard to get at places people can't bring themselves to haul their garbage and old targets and such back out with them. And after a while another gate goes up and more area is cut off to others.

There are a lot of NO SHOOTING signs in that area right now due to a couple of active timber harvests. So I would be very careful about where your shooting. And please haul your mess out. The woods around here are starting to look like a garbage dump. I've lived in Silverton 53 years I was born here and its almost to the point I don't even go out locally any more. Even some of the hard to get at places people can't bring themselves to haul their garbage and old targets and such back out with them. And after a while another gate goes up and more area is cut off to others.

I hear you loud and clear. I shoot up there frequently and can't tell you the amount of times I've had to haul away other peoples trash. I understand that if you're throwing clays there is going to be some debris but there is no excuse for leaving all of your spent hulls for others to pick up.

There is active logging going on right now and you need to watch for logging trucks... and yahoos who think the dirt roads are their personal race track. :s0131:

If you're into long range though there is a clearing where you can reach out passed 800 yards... That keeps me going up there.

T

There is active logging going on right now and you need to watch for logging trucks... and yahoos who think the dirt roads are their personal race track. :s0131:

If you're into long range though there is a clearing where you can reach out passed 800 yards... That keeps me going up there.

T

Not to make it to fine of a line but all the roads from Drakes crossing up were built by the Timber companies And the smaller ones are theirs still so they just might own the road. You should really have a CB on those roads and monitor the log trucks channel (it will be posted somewhere as you enter the area. I know when I drove school bus up there we monitored channel 13 but that may have changed.

Them boys only got so much daylite and so little time. They are WORKING

There is a lot of logging going on up there right now and they are fining people for shooting past the posted signs, this is not what this forum is about. If they don't want us there, it is their right based on private property. Please choose else where to shoot.

Yes I used to shoot up there all the time until I had a run-in with the Sherriff. He gave me a ticket for 'no fire equipment' but said he could take my guns and give me a slough of tickets. He said there are signs posted that say no target shooting but I never saw them. He told me there is literally no places to target shoot up in that area. So I migrate towards the coast on 22 where there is alot of BLM.

got coordinates for that? never been...

No man sorry I don't. It's a very popular place. People leave a ton of shotshells and brass laying around. Pretty cool spot though. What I can do is offer to lead you up there soon, that way you drive it and know your way there. It's very easy to get too but is about a 30 minute drive once your in the town of Mill city.

Do you know about google maps? (go to google and then select 'maps' search type) you can right click on the spot you are talking about and then click 'Whats Here?' and it will give you the coordinates in the search field. (copy and paste corrdinates here) In google maps you can also see the Terrain map, Satelite picture map and street navigation style map...It's really neat... also you can search coordinates to get directions to and so on

Thanks for the offer on driving up there though. I appreciate that...

EXAMPLE:
example.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews