Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting near Lincoln City?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Skier, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Skier

Skier Beaverton/Washington County Active Member

Anyone know of a good place to shoot near Lincoln City? Preferably free/outside, but feel free to mention other places as well. :)

2. 44magman

44magman Salem Member

There is a gravel pit that people use up bear creek road. The access is looks like a private driveway near a house, but it is USFS land. ask at BiMart, or the radio shack gun place for more detail. But do keep it CLEAN!

3. Skier

Skier Beaverton/Washington County Active Member

Thanks for the reply. Too late for the trip I took a a week or two ago, but good to know for next time. Thanks. P.S. I always keep my shooting areas clean. :)

4. PORSCHE928S4

PORSCHE928S4 Newport, Oregon Active Member

If you think about it let me know how it is sometimes the gun club is tied up it would be nice to have a back up plan .

5. covert1

covert1 Oregon New Member

doesn't the elks club have a 600y range around Newport?

6. PORSCHE928S4

I need to find another place to shoot the other day had someone refuse to take their rifle out of the rest they were using . I was assured it was safe and unloaded yea right don't most people get shot with UNLOADED firearms ? I did not go down range because I have a severe allergy to the muzzle of firearms !

7. covert1

I agree. did they have the action open? ususally the range officer requires that.

8. PORSCHE928S4

I do not know if the action was open nor does it matter they did not comply with the range rules which are clearly posted .

9. PORSCHE928S4

The bottom line is rules are in place for safety if things are not safe I am out of there! Why would you pay good money to be put in harms way ?

10. covert1

what range was this?

11. PORSCHE928S4

Siletz