JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ok like the barrel has a lot of rounds threw it and i will chang that mount and scope again to see it its that
DSCN5378.JPG DSCN5380.JPG

Most of the conversions done to the K11 and even K31 to .308Win were carried out by American bulk-order shooting companies in the 50's and 60's.

Sold under the name 'Alpine sporters' for around $50 -60 a pop, they were one way of making some money by a simple re-chambering - the barrel remains unaltered since 7.5mm = .3085"

Last Edited:
Most of the conversions done to the K11 and even K31 to .308Win were carried out by American bulk-order shooting companies in the 50's and 60's.

Sold under the name 'Alpine sporters' for around $50 -60 a pop, they were one way of making some money by a simple re-chambering - the barrel remains unaltered since 7.5mm = .3085"
tac, you truly are the KING of info geeks!

;) :s0155:

tac, you truly are the KING of info geeks!

;) :s0155:
That's me! Did you know that Colonel Rubin of Schmidt-Rubin fame spent a time at the Royal Laboratories [responsible for R&D of British service/military ammunition] helping to develop the British .303 cartridge? Just like the original 7.5x55 Swiss cartridge, both had paper-patched bullets of around 200gr. However, the Brits went for a rimmed case, but the Swiss went for a rimless case.

Later on, BOTH cartridges settled on a 174gr boat-tailed bullet at around 2500 fps - the Swiss, with their GP11, settling on 2560 fps.

That's me! Did you know that Colonel Rubin of Schmidt-Rubin fame spent a time at the Royal Laboratories [responsible for R&D of British service/military ammunition] helping to develop the British .303 cartridge? Just like the original 7.5x55 Swiss cartridge, both had paper-patched bullets of around 200gr. However, the Brits went for a rimmed case, but the Swiss went for a rimless case.

Later on, BOTH cartridges settled on a 174gr boat-tailed bullet at around 2500 fps - the Swiss, with their GP11, settling on 2560 fps.
Overachiever! :s0118:

;)

What to do with obsolete military rifles, picked up in cases for $5-$10/rifle? In the 50s and 60s, the Williams Company (one of many) sold tons of Monte Carlo sporter, Mannlicher, thumbhole varmint and other stocks, sights, slings, scope mounts etc. to make those obsolete military rifles usable. Timney, Canjar, Dayton-Traister and others made good adjustable triggers. Few expected that there would ever be a collector market for them.

'Despite its nomenclature, the 7.5×55mm Swiss can use the same 7.62 mm (.308 in) bullets as conventional 7.62 mm (.308 in) cartridges that have slightly wider land and groove diameters. This allows for ease of handloading and custom competition or hunting loads, as nearly any .308 diameter bullet may be used. However, most Swiss match shooters use standard GP 11 surplus ammunition, a testament to the quality of the factory loading of the GP 11 round.'

Putting this rubber grommet around the barrel and against the stock see if I can slow down some of those harmonics I also remove the also brake to do some further testing I bought a comp less like a break put on but I want to test it without

IMG_20220815_080807127.jpg

If that does not work, you could try the old trick of slipping various aluminum shims (cut from beverage cans) between forend and barrel. At some point, the barrel will be happy.

If that does not work, you could try the old trick of slipping various aluminum shims (cut from beverage cans) between forend and barrel. At some point, the barrel will be happy.
But then I ruined the cans and I can't get a refund🤑 for them when I turn them in 😒

Simple rechambering??? The 7.5x55 has a .500" case head diameter like 284 Winchester, which is hugely oversize for the .473" 308 Winchester case head. To properly rechamber a 7.5x55 K-31 to 308 you would have to set the barrel back about 2". The barrel set back would mean that the rear sight would have to be removed and given the quick reduction of the barrel forward of the receiver, there might not be enough barrel meat for a barrel stop.
I wonder if they swaged in an internal chamber sleeve, followed by a 308 reamer.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top