JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks,

I'll be making some trips to Anchorage over the next year (first trip starts next week!) to check out the area in prospects of moving. Any idea's where I should be looking for best access to outdoor shooting area's? Every time I move, I seem to get somewhere with better laws, but less access to locations.

Anyways, gravel pits etc are kind of what I'm used to here in Oregon. In theory, I'd have a house with land I could shoot on, but for now I'm just gathering information so I can make an informed decision.

Google makes the outlook pretty dim, unless you pay for one of the two-ish ranges. However, most of that information appears to be years old, or from sources that sound like their use of the land might be questionable.

Thanks for any leads!

Im pretty sure 500ft from city limit and private property you can just pull off the first good parking spot with a berm nearby and your good to go.
Lots of open land out there.

Im pretty sure 500ft from city limit and private property you can just pull off the first good parking spot with a berm nearby and your good to go.
Lots of open land out there.

Thanks for the information. I just returned from my trip and even the locals I asked basically just passed me off to the local shooting ranges because they weren't sure of the laws.

I'll be making more trips over the next year out that way, and when the weather is a little nicer I'll probably just start driving around and seeing what kind of locations I can find.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top