JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all. Looking for advice in shooting my 9mm. My initial shot (generally with tip of index finger) tends to be pretty well centered on target. Pull is crisp and usually a surprise when it fires. All good things.

Quick follow up shots tend to be level, but significantly left of target, particularly when firing multiple in quick succession (about 1 second intervals). For those who have played with grips, particularly the VP9, do you find that using the larger inserts helps to make the grip bigger? I do find that my index finger ends up closer to the first knuckle on the trigger on follow up shots.

Thanks!

Ryan

Hi Ryan, I assume you are right handed, if not, let me know I can dig out the LH version for this but take a look and see if any of this may be causing your issues?

target_shooting_diagnosis.jpg

Happens to most all of we right handed shooters. Try relaxing your pinky finger so you do not unconsciously "milk" the grips on that second shot. Works for me.

Hi Ryan, I assume you are right handed, if not, let me know I can dig out the LH version for this but take a look and see if any of this may be causing your issues?

View attachment 260462

I appreciate it. I saw a diagram like this one that seemed to suggest I had 'too much trigger finger' going on. This seems to suggest the opposite, yes? I figured that the squeeze of the trigger closer to the first knuckle was pulling the barrel left.

Focus on your front sight and concentrate on trigger control.

That seems to work for the first pull. If I'm trying to get off a number of consecutive shots (let's say...one per second) that gets more difficult to align. I'll give it a go, though. I will say that my focus does tend to be on the rear sights, so I'll try to look down the barrel.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top