Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shooting inside Clackamas Fred Meyer

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Chee-to, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Shooting inside Clackamas Fred Meyer injures 1; suspect arrested

Clackamas County sheriff's deputies are investigating a shooting in the Clackamas Fred Meyer store, west of Happy Valley.

A suspect has been arrested. Meanwhile, one victim has been taken to the hospital by ambulance.

Emergency dispatchers were alerted by a 9-1-1 call that someone armed with a handgun had shot another person inside the store, 16301 S.E. 82nd Drive. Shoppers then helped to disarm and detain the gunman until store security and deputies arrived.

The gunman had a head injury, but it was not the result of a gunshot.

The shooting victim reportedly has been shot in the leg.

Further information is not yet available.

http://www.oregonlive.com/happy-valley/index.ssf/2012/08/shooting_inside_clackamas_fred.html

2. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Sounds like there was an argument in the checkout line, someone pulled a handgun and shoots the other in the leg, customers take the shooter down...........

3. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Apparently the shooter was trying to scam the shootee's pin number during the checkout. Argument ensues, shots fired, people tackle the shooter.

4. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

82nd. :paranoid:

thanks to good samaritan

5. james83

james83 beaverton oregon I'am feeling fat and sassy

6. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Not good for our image :(

7. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read in some comments on a news site and was really hoping it wasn't true. Finally found it on a news site in an article, so I figures it was. Very unfortunate, I was really hoping it was just another dirt bag.:(

8. boxer13

boxer13 PNW Active Member

The fact that he is, to quote Predator, "one ugly mofo" doesn't do our image any favors is enough but the fact he shot someone over an argument? Idiot.

9. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

That's all we need. Now everyone can point to this moron and say look how dangerous it is for people to carry guns. I hope this guy does some serious time.

10. kev350

kev350 Gresham , Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

One fool with a gun and a permit is what they'll see. But the news won't point out how small a % that is compared to the number of permitted people out there.

EVO 4G

chemist and (deleted member) like this.
  11. BearArmy

BearArmy OR Active Member

Wow, the shooter needs to burn.

12. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

I didn't get a chance to read the whole slew of comments but I would say that someone, if they haven't already, should also point out that there are people put in positions of trust/power all of the time and they abuse that trust (teachers who have sex with their students, accountants who steal from their clients, police who beat and abuse suspects, etc.). It is a small number for them as well and it doesn't lead to a call about getting rid of all of them. It should be treated the same - as a bad apple who abused their power/trust and should pay for it. But that the other 99% shouldn't have to pay for the mistakes of the, say 1% (just throwing out a number, not a real number).

Misterbill and (deleted member) like this.
  13. GED

GED North Idaho Active Member

No, and how about this idea:

If you're a CHL holder and you happen to be
    in an irritable mood, foul mood, feel bad, down, or upset, etc.-esp. if you're the short-tempered type-it might be a good idea to leave your weapon at home(and optimally, leave your car parked in your garage too-this would reduce a lot of road rage incidents).

I know this sounds stupid, simplistic, idealistic, unrealistic but one of the things I remember about my CHL class(Multnomah County Sheriff)was how we should always go out of our way to avoid trouble.

So if you are the "trouble" maybe you shouldn't be carrying until you "get over it".

Another thing about the CHL class: the instructor passed out a list of stores, etc. that allowed concealed carry. One of these was Fred Meyer.

Because of this guy's action at a Fred Meyer, this may soon no longer be the case.

14. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

As we all have said, this is really not what responsible gun owners need right now.
    M

15. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Maybe this thread should be moved to Legal/Political? I wouldn't have posted a duplicate 45 minutes later if I'd seen this thread.

16. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Well I personally know of someone who got a DUI and got their license revoked hahahahahhaah. Apparently this person is saying that he/she just got their CHL back. This was his/her "first" DUI arrest and a diversion class was attended..... I seen the mugshot of the person and no doubt the person was intoxicated. I was under the impression that you would have to wait three years till you can go after getting your CHL back after an alcohol related arrest.... someone who might know more can correct me, and please have proof.

If this guy didn't move the firearm away he probably would have been killed so I'm glad to hear that he was able to get the gun to point down towards his legs and it was very smart to stick his finger behind the trigger. This is why I stay away from certain neighborhoods. It's enough that I have to take public transportation and I take the yellow line and as soon as I hit the rose quarter station going towards the expo center.... it all goes to he ll from there.

I do my best to always be aware of what and who is around me..... when I see people close to me as I am entering my PIN number, I either cover the buttons with my free hand or move the whole unit to the side (some swing side to side) and punch my PIN in.

They need armed uniform security in certain places (stores) if you ask me.... visual deterrence baby.

17. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Really an excellent observation, thanks.

18. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

some wittiness's say it may be self defence

19. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Beginning to sound like, and meets up with my initial suspicions, that Dorothy Young was thin skinned and paranoid. Lady says to hubby 'that man hurted me', hubby has to defend her honour.

20. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Hmmm interesting story. I guess we all should not make any judegement to the gun man from reading from the media....