JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My family and I are going camping in tillamook this week and I'm planning on bringing my 1022 and a few pistols and would love to find a good area to shoot. I just read the laws on shooting in Oregon state forest and one question I have is that when my wife and son shoot I like to use 2 litter bottles. The law says only manufactured targets of paper targets. I know it's not a big deal but I don't want to piss on a cop that's having a bad day and looking for any reason. Second I heard there is a rock pit up there that's good for shooting anybody know the area? I'm a very clean person and always leave my shooting areas cleaner then I find them. If some one can on pm and let me know a good area I would appreciate it.

My suggestion would be to bring some trash bags and fill em up with other peoples crap. It looks good to the cop who comes up to you, it cleans our forest/shooting spots, you can get a supporting membership here for a few simple minutes of you and your family's time. (3 bags to be exact) Shoot your 2 liter bottles, no one cares, but bring em home. Thats what I would do.....

Wish you could have experienced the good old days...(pre-90) or so. You could shoot anywhere between Forest Grove and Tillamook, Astoria to McMinnville ( more or less ) and no one would even look twice at you. You had to really really really try to get into trouble with the Staters who were the only ones patrolling that area back then. You could also run your dirt bike or 4x4 anywhere as well. No rules I ever heard of, maybe spark arrestor....? Life was good on the 250 Yamaha, pistol on my side, tennis shoes, and no helmet. No permits, no fees, no licenses.....God life was good. I've been on antidepressants ever since. Not that they help. Just bummed because we had so much fun and we lost it. I could go out today and do many things involving guns or the woods or fishing, or riding bikes...but I don't want to do any of them. All the laws and government controls and fear or being prosecuted for even the smallest of honest mistakes has sucked the joy from my life completely and no one seems to understand that.

Having lived that and lost it, I'm Montana bound.

Wish you could have experienced the good old days...(pre-90) or so. You could shoot anywhere between Forest Grove and Tillamook, Astoria to McMinnville ( more or less ) and no one would even look twice at you. You had to really really really try to get into trouble with the Staters who were the only ones patrolling that area back then. You could also run your dirt bike or 4x4 anywhere as well. No rules I ever heard of, maybe spark arrestor....? Life was good on the 250 Yamaha, pistol on my side, tennis shoes, and no helmet. No permits, no fees, no licenses.....God life was good. I've been on antidepressants ever since. Not that they help. Just bummed because we had so much fun and we lost it. I could go out today and do many things involving guns or the woods or fishing, or riding bikes...but I don't want to do any of them. All the laws and government controls and fear or being prosecuted for even the smallest of honest mistakes has sucked the joy from my life completely and no one seems to understand that.

Having lived that and lost it, I'm Montana bound.

Hasn't Montana been overun with California Refugees who helped to transform it and don't like the results and are starting over through-out the rest of the west.

Yes. And eventually they will do it too. But Montana still has that feeling of freedom that has been missing here for a long time. I have 20 good years left in me, well ok, maybe not so good but at least alive. I just wanna run the clock out in a place I can do more or less what I want to do with as little interference as possible. I see Montana as the last great hope.

You know....I was reminiscing when I wrote my previous post....but I carried a handgun more or less everywhere outside of town...from the age of 13 or 14...and no one ever once even asked me about it. Concealed, open, under my pickup seat....whatever. I used to have contact with the Staters occasionally in the woods....and if it bothered them they never showed it. Never even crossed my mind that it might be a bad idea/crime. Not once. Nowdays, even with a CPL I'm paranoid everytime I head for the hills. I always have that feeling that I'm about to get busted for something no matter how legal I am. I don't like it.

Theres the Browns camp gravel pit. It's fairly easy to find, but that makes it a magnet for the more reckless types. But if you stay on the trail that runs by the rock pit, you'll come up on a small cleared out area thats nice to shoot pistols in. Shouldn't be more than a mile past the pit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top