JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tomorrow morning is one of the rare (of late) opportunities for me to shoot.

Problem is, the forecast is for rain, and I want to shoot 100Y rifle.

I'm heading to Tri-County...I will be in cover, etc., so I'm not worried about me or the gear. But I'm thinking the targets are going to turn to wet soup when they're stapled out there on the range.

Ideas? I don't really have time to go buy some kind of fancy poly weatherproofing spray for targets ;-) I thought about putting them in ziplocs, but I don't have ziplocs that big.

Hmmm...something tells me I'm not the first guy in Oregon to have this problem ;-)

Or maybe the targets hold up? They're just the usual 100Y or 50Y targets, printed on what looks like thick construction paper.

BTW, if you're out at the 100Y general purpose range tomorrow and see a big bald guy with a pile of old brown rifles, stop by and say hi. I hope to shoot my Yugo 24/47, Swiss K-31, and perhaps Mosin-Nagant 91/30.

I agree with the above posters...the targets will hold up.
When I'm going to be shooting in the rain, I just steal the saran wrap from the kitchen and wrap it around the target backer over the target, then staple as usual, just to be on the safe side......it's overkill, but I like to bring my targets home to measure groups etc.

You could also get a roll of clear contact paper from Fred Meyer, Target, Lowes, etc, and make your own version of lamination, that way you would be able to take it home more intact when done.

Just an idea.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Hairspray. It's just thin clear lacquer. You might want to buy your own can of cheap stuff--if you empty that can of high zoot salon spray that's in the
bathroom wet targets will be the least of your worries.

Saran wrap works pretty well, but sometimes it thyrows a glare that makes
the target hard to see.

Hairspray. It's just thin clear lacquer. You might want to buy your own can of cheap stuff--if you empty that can of high zoot salon spray that's in the

the target hard to see.

Speakin' from 'sperience Bill? lol:s0112::s0131::s0114:

the target hard to see.

Speakin' from 'sperience Bill? lol:s0112::s0131::s0114:

Certainly sounds like it!!! :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show