JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I fell as 12-20-12 gets closer and those poeple who think the world is going to end or a chance of it are going to do crap like this thinking they have nothing to loose and along with it a bad economy it could get nasty.

People should be able to carry AR-15s with them into movie theaters for self-defense, just as this scum-sucking whackjob was able to do. It's always the same, gun-control prevents law-abiding citizens from defending themselves against ruthless criminals. Many of the gun-grabbing n*zis are probably going to say this proves we need more gun control. Well, I think it is just the opposite. Where in the Constitution does it say that we are not allow the right to keep and bear long rifles. How come I am not allowed to carry a long rifle with me to a movie to protect my family, such as this ruthless baby butcher? In my opinion, gun control is the reason why people are so helpless. Considering now that many of these criminals will wear body armor, I am starting to think more and more that our handguns we carry are not going to be as effective. If just one law-abiding citizen, and even more so, if two or three, would have had a rifle to defend against this maniac, this whole incident may have never happened.

Anyhow, my prayers go out to all the innocent victims who lost their lives. The no-gun policy at the theater obviously didn't work. It just help the gunman massacre his law-abiding prey, in a much more calm and simple manner.

I think many of us can learn today, that we Americans really do not have the complete RKBA as Big Brother would make us believe. We shouldn't have to wait for law enforcement and SWAT to arrive 30 minutes later after everyone is dead with the larger guns. We citizens should have heavier weapons, as much as we need , at our disposal, in a dire time of crisis.

I don't know, but I think we seriously need to stand up for our rights and not let the government dictate what the sheeple should be able to carry with them. These criminals always prey on the weak. They always go where they feel they can wreak havoc and kill as many unarmed people as quick as possible.

Where have been the majority of mass-shootings? Places where law-abiding citizens are not allow to have guns. Did these gun-control laws protect anyone? Do you think a maniac gunman would attempt to unleash his carnage at a police station, gun range or a location where everyone is armed and ready to defend themselves?

The thing that sickens me the most is that now my hard-earned tax money will be used to help give this baby-butcher a nice home, free food, TV, clean clothes and basically a lifelong vacation. And, of course the media will sensationalize him and even make some hero out of him, as they always do with mass murderers. Anything to get a story. Our country doesn't really bother punishing criminals anymore. Europe's legal system is even more of a joke than ours. But we are not so far off. Just look at the whole Norway massacre.. The guy is only going to get like 30 years or something for murdering 100s of people. Even the murderer himself said he should have been given the death penalty and the whole legal system is a joke.

People should be able to carry AR-15s with them into movie theaters for self-defense, just as this scum-sucking whackjob was able to do. It's always the same, gun-control prevents law-abiding citizens from defending themselves against ruthless criminals. Many of the gun-grabbing n*zis are probably going to say this proves we need more gun control. Well, I think it is just the opposite. Where in the Constitution does it say that we are not allow the right to keep and bear long rifles. How come I am not allowed to carry a long rifle with me to a movie to protect my family, such as this ruthless baby butcher? In my opinion, gun control is the reason why people are so helpless. Considering now that many of these criminals will wear body armor, I am starting to think more and more that our handguns we carry are not going to be as effective. If just one law-abiding citizen, and even more so, if two or three, would have had a rifle to defend against this maniac, this whole incident may have never happened.

Anyhow, my prayers go out to all the innocent victims who lost their lives. The no-gun policy at the theater obviously didn't work. It just help the gunman massacre his law-abiding prey, in a much more calm and simple manner.

I think many of us can learn today, that we Americans really do not have the complete RKBA as Big Brother would make us believe. We shouldn't have to wait for law enforcement and SWAT to arrive 30 minutes later after everyone is dead with the larger guns. We citizens should have heavier weapons, as much as we need , at our disposal, in a dire time of crisis.

I don't know, but I think we seriously need to stand up for our rights and not let the government dictate what the sheeple should be able to carry with them. These criminals always prey on the weak. They always go where they feel they can wreak havoc and kill as many unarmed people as quick as possible.

Where have been the majority of mass-shootings? Places where law-abiding citizens are not allow to have guns. Did these gun-control laws protect anyone? Do you think a maniac gunman would attempt to unleash his carnage at a police station, gun range or a location where everyone is armed and ready to defend themselves?

The thing that sickens me the most is that now my hard-earned tax money will be used to help give this baby-butcher a nice home, free food, TV, clean clothes and basically a lifelong vacation. And, of course the media will sensationalize him and even make some hero out of him, as they always do with mass murderers. Anything to get a story. Our country doesn't really bother punishing criminals anymore. Europe's legal system is even more of a joke than ours. But we are not so far off. Just look at the whole Norway massacre.. The guy is only going to get like 30 years or something for murdering 100s of people. Even the murderer himself said he should have been given the death penalty and the whole legal system is a joke.

Anyone else think this guy should be a spokesmen for our community? *sarcasm*

Yes gun control would not fix this kind of thing.
He had explosives in his apartment so if he was in a gun free zone he would have just threw the bombs in the theatre and killed far more people than he did with a few guns.

A determined nutjob is going to carry out his thrillkill no matter what he has to use to do it.

What I dont get is why he would want to live to face his punishments for this,kill yourself too loser because
life will not be nice to you from here on out.

Anyone else think this guy should be a spokesmen for our community? *sarcasm*

Did I say something wrong? Everyone should be able to carry a rifle/shotgun with them anywhere they are legally able to carry any other type of gun..

Sounds like you think only gun nuts would do that.. And we wouldn't to upset the Brady Campaign. In places like Israel, carrying rifles to the movie theaters is not a big deal, why should it be here?

Did I say something wrong? Everyone should be able to carry a rifle/shotgun with them anywhere they are legally able to carry any other type of gun..

Not wrong, just funny.

Sounds like you think only gun nuts would do that..

He'd be right, mostly.

And we wouldn't to upset the Brady Campaign. In places like Israel, carrying rifles to the movie theaters is not a big deal, why should it be here?

Israel is a nation-state under constant threat of extermination by every one of its neighbors, and frequently has violence initiated against its populace as it initiates it against its foes. It is truly a militarized nation. Comparing the U.S. to Israel doesn't make sense in the least.

I don't think it would be funny for the person who watched his 9 year old girl get a bunch of holes put into her and would've wish he had the tools handy to try to stop that.

But you're right.. I am being nutty.. Sorry.. Was just trying to think of constructive solutions.. But, who knows, maybe none exist. It's not like what I Say will make a difference anyway.. Especially not with the way our government and country is heading anyway. IMO.

I wouldn't say you're being nutty, but it's not really a realistic scenario for the country we live in. It was a tragic event by an individual who has been described as deranged, and by that I wouldn't disagree with that description at all. But these are events that occur by those not in their right minds, and because of that I don't think brandishing openly is the best solution. Keep in mind this guy had improvised explosive devices in his apartment that he could have very easily have placed and detonated in the theater instead. If he thought overtly armed people might cause him problems, he might've chosen to go more of a "weapons of mass destruction" way.

This whole thing strikes me as the continuing infantilization of the country.

Perp apparently has a fixation on the Joker. He didn't show up at a Batman screening at random.

Supposed "adults" are at a post midnight screening of a damn near three hour PG-13 movie of non-prescreened content with infants, toddlers, and children in tow.

Cinemark prohibits CCW on its premises, so if you want to not be a trespasser you have to leave your gun at home or in the car.

Situation stinks all of the way around.

Cinemark prohibits CCW on its premises, so if you want to not be a trespasser you have to leave your gun at home or in the car.

Personally, I carry everywhere where it is legal to do so, including Cinemark. If they discover I am carrying and ask me to leave, I do so but I will be dammed if I am going to be caught unarmed!

Tragic situation and my hopes are people on both sides of the gun control debate practice a measured respect and not use the tragedy as a soapbox.. I know I am being delusional in that hope but never the less it is my belief.

Doc

Personally, I carry everywhere where it is legal to do so, including Cinemark. If they discover I am carrying and ask me to leave, I do so but I will be dammed if I am going to be caught unarmed!

Tragic situation and my hopes are people on both sides of the gun control debate practice a measured respect and not use the tragedy as a soapbox.. I know I am being delusional in that hope but never the less it is my belief.

Doc

Personally, I follow your policy, but the more "law abiding" don't. It's regrettable that a business can ask you to disarm yourself but then assumes no liability for your personal safety on their premises.

Blood dancing as Colorado shooting investigation unfolds

As the investigation of Friday’s Batman massacre at a Colorado theater continues to unfold, anti-gunners have shifted into high gear to exploit the tragedy while carefully overlooking a few things on which western gun rights activists are now focused.

<broken link removed>

Sounds like you think only gun nuts would do that.. And we wouldn't to upset the Brady Campaign. In places like Israel, carrying rifles to the movie theaters is not a big deal, why should it be here?

Yes, Isreal. Now there is a model of modern society. This isn't the middle east and it isn't the wild west. You need to have some decorum in today's society. I like to drop F-bombs in everyday conversation and think there is nothing wrong with that. However, I realize that it isn't exactly the best thing to do in certain situations.

And, what will you do when the bad guy starts carrying a bazooka? Drive a tank? Really. Now, I have given some thought to having my AR mounted to the lid of my tool box in my truck so that I could possibly react better in a situation, but slinging the thing across my chest at dinner? No, not the solution.

I am going to hope your comments were knee-jerk in nature and that you were very emotional at the time. A rational person should not think like that. It could easily be construed as one of the warning signs.

Gun Owners of America Offering Real Solutions to Last Night's Shootings
-- As another Gun Free Kill Zone claims lives

Last night's shooting in Aurora, Colorado was extremely tragic, as more than a dozen people were killed in another Gun Free Kill Zone.

At the opening showing of "The Dark Knight Rises," James Holmes dressed up in costume and murdered several people while the movie was barely thirty minutes into the story. The gunman used a movie gunfight to cover his actions and further surprise the innocent patrons. Worse, the theater in Aurora reportedly has a "no guns" policy.

Despite gun control's obvious failure, the calls for more restrictions have already begun:

* Piers Morgan of CNN came out of the box, calling for more gun control in the wake of the shooting.

* New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the strategy of people arming themselves for self-defense just "doesn't work."

* And the Brady Campaign took the opportunity to tell the nation that, "This is yet another horrific reminder that guns enable mass killings."

Tragically, many were killed last night. But it is also tragic that there was not another gun-toting Samuel Williams at the theater -- the senior who rescued several Floridians against two armed thugs at an Internet cafe last week. (You can read the story and watch the exciting video here.)

And of course, while the national media is sure to focus on this Aurora, Colorado shooting for days to come, there is another shooting in that same city that you probably heard nothing about -- when a worshipper at an Aurora church stopped a shooting this past April.

In that shooting, the bad guy was only able to kill one person in the parking lot, as the armed hero took him out before any other damage could be done.

Funny how the national media tends NOT to pick up stories where the good guy stops the perp!

To keep this in perspective, whenever we hear about horrid shootings like the one last night in Aurora, Colorado, we should remember that guns save as many as 80 lives for every one that is tragically taken. See the Gun Owners of America Fact Sheet here.

Gun Owners of America is appearing on several media outlets today to answer questions about our gun rights and to offer concealed carry solutions as the cure to future acts of terrorism like this.

Also, you can call in to GOA Radio Live to discuss this event with our Talk Show host, Bill Frady, from 6:00-8:00 pm tonight. Call 703-776-9264 to be on the show. GOA's Larry Pratt will be interviewed by Frady next week.

Please stand with us and help GOA continue defending our gun rights across the country.

Piers Morgan is a Brit, and can kindly STFU about a culture he knows nothing about.

Even though I don't like the idea of going up against an armored target in a theater, I'm feeling a little better about my decision to buy a Shield yesterday for the warmer months when I wear more shorts and t-shirts away from work. If only they could come up with a viable compact 5.7....

Yes, Isreal. Now there is a model of modern society. This isn't the middle east and it isn't the wild west. You need to have some decorum in today's society. I like to drop F-bombs in everyday conversation and think there is nothing wrong with that. However, I realize that it isn't exactly the best thing to do in certain situations.

And, what will you do when the bad guy starts carrying a bazooka? Drive a tank? Really. Now, I have given some thought to having my AR mounted to the lid of my tool box in my truck so that I could possibly react better in a situation, but slinging the thing across my chest at dinner? No, not the solution.

I am going to hope your comments were knee-jerk in nature and that you were very emotional at the time. A rational person should not think like that. It could easily be construed as one of the warning signs.

Yeah, maybe it was a knee jerk reaction.. Maybe ,I am just sick and tired of waking up and reading the news about mass bloodshed of innocents. I know advocating for militarization of society is a bad deal. Nobody wants to live that way. But, back to your last response, what are you advocating for, gun control? I mean since we shouldn't worry, why carry guns at all? If the bad guys are going around the streets carrying bazookas and potentially using it against me and my loved ones, you're d*mn right I would want to have one. With respect to that, the bad guys do go around carrying rifles and body armor and using them on innocent civilians, as we saw demonstrated yesterday in Colorado.

If IEDs are being placed in movie theaters and people are being blown-up, then obviously we are going to have to take measures to prevent these types of attacks as well. Using, Israel or other countries in the hot-spots for example, people are searched going in and out of shopping malls. Bags that are left unoccupied are immediately noticed and investigated. This is a crappy way to live. The only reason bad guys like this can get away with heinous acts is nothing is being done to prevent them. That is my opinion, once again. Many want to live comfortably and worry free. I'm hoping we can live that way, but I don't have a great feeling of the world, which has always been a chaotic place. Just ask mine and your grandparents.

I know this didn't make the news here, but a bus full of young teens was blown-up in Bulgaria last week. Nobody checked the bus for explosives, hence it was very easy for the suicide bomber to blow up the bus and murder over 7 people and wound dozens. I wonder if luggage will now be examined more closely in buses, just as they are on planes. Any place where there are crowds of people is a potential for terrorism. IMO, what happened in Colorado was an act of terrorism. Just because it wasn't Islamic in nature, doesn't make this whackjob any less of a terrorist.

If gun control isn't helping prevent bad guys from shooting up our children and other innocent victims in movie theaters, perhaps the 2nd Amendment should come into play.

Anyway, I can understand why people would feel bad living in a society where you need to carry a rifle everywhere to feel safe. I, personally, wouldn't want to have to do that or enjoy it. However, I was in Africa for half a year and I saw armed guards with AK-47s, M-16s and other types of military rifles at all the grocery stores, banks, shopping centers. My thoughts are probably because gun control didn't work. Despite being illegal, the criminals all had access to all illegal weapons, hence the need of heavily armed guards.

G-d Forbid, our society will degenerate into this type of situation. However, I don't believe gun control is the solution. I am still wondering what solution can be made to prevent these atrocities. And, another fear I have, is that these types of events, which are exacerbated by the media will be used as fuel to ban guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top