JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to shoot some clay outdoors in the Mt Hood NF area this weekend. I've been looking at the shooting spots page, and comparing it against the Mt Hood NF website which shows a ton of closures all over most of the closer/more common spots.

Does anyone know of a good place to throw some clay that's open this late in the season? I've got trashbags and a tarp to corral my shells. I'll most likely bring a few extra trashbags to clean up whatever I can help with too.

Ended up finding a good spot along NF 36, designated for target shooting. It was pretty clean, still managed to pick up a few bottles and shells left behind.

Drive up zig zag mountain! There's a big left hand hairpin turn with a cliff on the outside of the turn. Great place to launch clays and bust them.

Definitely requires 4x4. There's also some great scenic views. At the first big sweeping right hand turn with a bit of a natural path to the left, you can hike down to overlook the whole Welches area valley.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top