Possibly more wrong than just the cord?The new cord arrived today. It is NOT a direct replacement. It activates the screen on the read-out, but it's error messages and a random number. I will have to figure out why a six wire cord with the same connections won't work from one application to another.
I finally got a chance to shoot Tuesday evening. I have to set the chrony up in a weed patch. First, one of the skyscreen segments lost it's last tab causing me to dig thru my bag for some tape, then I dropped one of the rods in the weeds and couldn't find it! I ended up just using a screen on the second sensor.
Got it out, read the book, did the button pushing dance and cleared the memory. Set it on the tripod and got to work.
I took my time and put 17 rounds over the chrony. Everything went smoothly with no error messages.
As a bonus I dropped more of the unique rods in the weeds. A little searching and I found them all! I'll work on a skyscreen replacement soon.