JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I understand it, the carjacker/robber was 16? Seems like a big undertaking for a teenager alone. In the end it seems he died for nothing. The store wasn't robbed and he didn't get any cars. Unfortunately he was still able to hurt innocent people.

I looked at the article cited above and it appears one of the victims of a car jacking on the way to WalMart was 16, but I don't see any note about the carjacker's age -- is there a different story out there?

The Tumwater Police Department says that officers originally responded to a report of a car driving in the wrong direction near Israel Road and Tyee Drive, but as the officers were in route they were dispatched to reports of a carjacking nearby with shots fired.

Officers arrived to the corner of Israel Road and Tyee Drive and found a 16-year-old female victim who suffered non-life threatening injuries.

Police then located the 16-year-old's stolen car in the Walmart parking lot at 5900 Littlerock Rd SW in Tumwater.

Yep. Misread the follow-up story. The shooter was an adult and still dead for his deeds.

Taking this event, along with the art festival shooting and dozens of shootings we never hear about, even though things are safe we still have to keep our heads on a swivel and have an open mind that something could happen. In every story too many people lose reaction time denying something bad is happening. There's also shock where people are falling down and freezing. Thankfully there were these two citizens willing to step up and do what needed to be done.

Last Edited:
For anyone with sense, this will reinforce the "good guy with a gun" philosophy. Everyone else will say "If no one had a gun, this fine young man who was just turning his life around wouldn't be dead".

The thing I was really impressed with is the two CPL holders didn't go cowboy and shoot up the parking lot, no innocent bystanders were shot (like in some police shootings) and it seems like they only acted after gunfire from the suspect took place.

I'm slightly amazed at how much attention this is getting.
The thing I was really impressed with is the two CPL holders didn't go cowboy and shoot up the parking lot, no innocent bystanders were shot (like in some police shootings) and it seems like they only acted after gunfire from the suspect took place.

I was impressed that someone actually pulled the trigger...

Fox News saying one citizen shooter is area pastor. Sorry, can't post link as I am using a new Google Chromebook. Sorry, if this has been shared already.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top