Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Simply Triggers
Southwest Firearms
Low Price Guns
Defensive Arts

HighlandLofts

Reactions
I will be posting here on our trips to the darrington pit. I have going there for about ten years and have been taking my grandson there for close to five years.

We are going there tomorrow about noon, maybe 1 oclock.
The past few years we picked up lots of spent shotgun hulls, steel rifle & pistol cases and regular trash.
I need to take a scrap steel run up to Skagit recycleing on Monday so tomorrow I will focus on larger steel junk people took up there and left along with a few buckets of steel rifle h pistol cases. I have a old refridge, a leaking hot water tank, a few old grills and some items at the house that I will.load up when we get back home from the pit.

If any one is interested in going post on here or send me a pm and I will tell you where we can meet up.

I will be posting all of our trips here for your reading enjoyment and hopefully encourage others to get the kids out to shoot and have a good time up in the woods.

A picture from our last trip up there. 20210417_202104.jpg

EPS

Reactions
We were there on Wednesday.
I didn't contact you because we were going to go to the cowboy camp above sedro but it was closed because they are logging it on week days .
Mel called DNR.
they said it was open but the gate was locked.
And a log truck came down when we were there.
Mel talked to him he said the logging companies are the ones who have the gate locked. Not DNR.
So we took the back way to Darrington.
We got there around 14:00 till 18:00.

EPS

Reactions
The pit looks pretty good not much trash.
Of course we picked up our stuff and Mel picked up a bunch of shotgun shells with the magnet thing you gave her. 11394.jpeg

EPS

Reactions

HighlandLofts

Reactions
When did you go up there?
Yesterday we spent the day with the three grandkids. Last night we got a fire going in the fire pit and I had some buds.
We will be starting on the Rambler over by the ferry dock.in a week or so. I'll drop off some wood for your fire pit when we start frameing it.
Was the lower pit being used when you went there?

EPS

Reactions
When did you go up there?
Yesterday we spent the day with the three grandkids. Last night we got a fire going in the fire pit and I had some buds.
We will be starting on the Rambler over by the ferry dock.in a week or so. I'll drop off some wood for your fire pit when we start frameing it.
Was the lower pit being used when you went there?
Nope we were the only people there .
It was Wednesday.

HighlandLofts

Reactions
With the high ammo prices coupled with the non availability of ammo the use of the pits has dropped significantly.

It'd be fun to get up there some day and meet some of you folks, I need to break in a couple new (to me) "toys". Knees can be a problem for me, though, so we'll have to see. I'm a ways south of Darrington but not impossibly far.

HighlandLofts

Reactions
I will let you know a couple of day before we go again. We go almost every weekend from this time of year until winter sets in.
We will be going this comeing weekend for sure, probably Saturday.

HighlandLofts

Reactions
A few of us will be going to the Darrington Pit Saturday morning if any one wants to join us. I will be leaving Arlington 8 - 8:30. It takes about 1/2 an hour to get there.
I am scheduleing a clean up for the pit June 5th at 8:30am. I will start a Darrington Pit Clean Up thread and post info about it.

Reactions: EPS
Cerberus Training Group
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Sporting Systems
Southwest Firearms Forum
NW Custom Firearms
DSG Arms
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Project Appleseed
Advertise on Northwest Firearms

Upcoming Events

22 Rimfire Challenge