JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any idea how quick they would lock you up and throw away the key in Portland if you fired at a shooter in a crowed mall..... if this happens and you see me on the news, call the national press to get me out :D

Did anyone see the story about another shooting at the Lloyd Center Mall? It appears to be another gang related incident. Turns out the guy that got shot at was also in possession of a firearm. I am at the Llyod Center almost daily and it sucks to think these gangs of armed thugs are roaming around in there.

Lloyd center has been a horrible crime ridden area for the last 20 years I've been paying attention. It isn't safe and one would be insane to go there anytime of day unarmed and very aware of your surroundings.

makes me think of the Washington guy that even though he was carrying decided to not shoot a kid shooting up a crowd at a shopping center.. the kid shot the guy and he was not supposed to walk again. I don't know what became of him.

The CHL holder in question made the mistake to give the gunman verbal orders to "drop the weapon". Instead of "dropping the weapon" the gunman fired his AK at the CHL holder. In the end the CHL holder became paralized.

No one is sure why he issued the verbal order when he had the drop on the gunman.

The lesson to learn from this shooting is that if you are justified to shoot then shoot. Never ever give the aggressor the edge.

Any idea how quick they would lock you up and throw away the key in Portland if you fired at a shooter in a crowed mall..... if this happens and you see me on the news, call the national press to get me out :D

If you were in a justified shoot why would you get "locked up and the authorities throw away the key"?

If you are in a legally justified shooting you can expect to be questioned by the authorities and hopefully you would know what to say and what not to say without legal representation present.

hopefully you'd say nothing until you had representation present.

anybody have a name or link for the shooting in WA? i don't watch the news, so this is the first i've heard about it.

If you were in a justified shoot why would you get "locked up and the authorities throw away the key"?

If you are in a legally justified shooting you can expect to be questioned by the authorities and hopefully you would know what to say and what not to say without legal representation present.

The only thing that could be said....."I feared for my life, he was firing....I had to"..."Where's my lawyer".....mmmmmmmm

OK, if the Portland Police can't justifiably shoot someone without having serious legal issues, the rest of us who aren't trained in these matters don't stand a chance... legally speaking.

I think it was 5 or 6 years ago when i worked for securitas at the wells fargo bank by lloyed ctr. My first day and 2 hrs into my shift they had that jewlery robbery and because of me taking the license plate of the car the cops found the guys ahahahaha yay for me. I was unarmed and heard shots and i started yelling "GET DOWN" like arnold hahahahaha so i guess i was shot at but not hit lol and so long story short steven parsey (one of the robbers/shooters) got a first digree attempetd murder for shooting at me. I lived through the iran vs. Iraq war when i was a kid in iran and this situation was a walk in the park for me. I dont go to the lloyed ctr. area unless i have to...... and when i do i pack. Oh and the funny thing was that i told securitas i was interested in an armed position and they told me they didnt do armed (lie) but at the time of the shooting there was one of our guys at the dollar tree with a glock and i was at the bank unarmed and i know why.....liability lol. So F securitas hahahahahaha

I'll do my mall shopping in Washington county thank you.. Leave Multnomah county to drown and die in its radical liberalism .. LEt the snakes go attack each other and their liberal lawyers attack the snake charmers.

If I do go shopping in the Lloyd CEnter mall, I will be carrying more than shopping bags and a cell phone.

Of course, all this gang activity will come back to haunt law-abiding gun owners who own guns because of these hostile and militant-minded gangs.

In all honesty, the Lloyd CEnter is not a bad area by any means. There are upscale apartments, government buildings, expensive condos and upscale business and commercial buildings in that area. The area is also relatively clean, with some nice architectual structures. Recently, they have really renovated and improved that whole inner NE area. Now outer NE and SE have become more run down.

The problem actually is the Lloyd Center itself. That mall attracts so many low-lives and criminals from surrounding areas. It has always been the haunt of criminals, maybe due to the number of discount stores it has. What Lloyd Center needs is better "armed" security and a no-nonsense attitude to criminals and thugs. They are really screwing up that place. These criminals will pack up and leave if they see they are not welcomed, but right now people turn a blind eye to them.

I was at the Marshalls in the Lloyd Center and there were this gang of big guys, wont say race, but you may guess, who where hollaring out swear words and sexual insults at the women in the store. These guys were all big and muscular, wearing gang-like attire. Their attitude of harassment was what gave it away the most, who they were. People just sat around afraid and did nothing. We need to have some strict and "armed" security who will tell them to get out. Portland is not Compton. We can still do something about this, we have rights and a community. Why do these people think they can just go around the stores and wreak havoc on all customers?

Well so much for gun laws and gun free zones....... lol i will not single out any race but two main ones come to mind. I have gone into lloyed ctr. in uniform and open carrying (off duty) and these thugs look and they don't act out as much....... i think armed undercover would be good and armed uniforms too. You come into the mall with ur panths around ur knees......u should be kicked out...... u start using bad language in a loud voice u should get kicked out. You wanna be a tough guy, meet me in the parking lot where there are no cams and i can show u tough lol but u try to enforce strict rules then they play the race card and blah blah...... i won't lie....i am racist and i can't stand these mofos...... but do i hate every black....hispanic... asian....or white guy? Heck no...... just the ones that act like an idiot.

OK, if the Portland Police can't justifiably shoot someone without having serious legal issues, the rest of us who aren't trained in these matters don't stand a chance... legally speaking.

When was the last PPB shooting that resulted in a criminal trial?

When was the last PPB shooting where the officer was indicted by the grand jury?

What you are referring to is the civil suits that ALWAYS follow legal(shooter was not convicted in a criminal trial) shootings. These civil suits will also apply to individuals with a CHL or even individuals who are involved in shootings that occur in their homes.

In all honesty, the Lloyd CEnter is not a bad area by any means. There are upscale apartments, government buildings, expensive condos and upscale business and commercial buildings in that area. The area is also relatively clean, with some nice architectual structures. Recently, they have really renovated and improved that whole inner NE area. Now outer NE and SE have become more run down.

QUOTE]

The weekly crime reports that the PPB and Multnomah county sheriffs compile would suggest differently.

The mall is a major problem but another big problem is the mass transit center that is located nearby.

In any event it isn't a safe place and hasn't been for over 20 years.

We can still do something about this, we have rights and a community. Why do these people think they can just go around the stores and wreak havoc on all customers?

What rights do you have exactly? You can say something to said people making rude comments and get your *** kicked. You can complain to security (who will do nothing). You can call the cops and be ignored because no violence has happened.

I'm sorry, but pretty much any place in Multnomah County is not friendly towards a law abiding person. The laws are all tipped to favor criminals. It's best to just get out of an situation like that without making a scene.

If they must, why can't they use a knife. popping off a few rounds is cowardly. If these so called "Gang Members" had a sack they'd get up close and stab one another. Sort of like "Counting Coup" (Sounds like Ku). The Native Americans had it right, If I'm going to do battle, I want you to see me up close, close enough to thouch you.. before I end your life. But if it is self defense, then I understand the distance and using a firearm.. buuut something tells me these guys just want to come off as tough to their "Hommies" and have stories to tell..

I wonder if they hold their pistols sideways as well..?
:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads