JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did anyone see the story about another shooting at the Lloyd Center Mall? It appears to be another gang related incident. Turns out the guy that got shot at was also in possession of a firearm. I am at the Llyod Center almost daily and it sucks to think these gangs of armed thugs are roaming around in there.

Isn't Lloyd Center Mall like Clackamas Town Center Mall, where you (even with a CCP) cant carry a firearm on the premisses? I havent been to Lloyd Center in years, dont really cross 82nd drive.

I've been in Clackamas Town Center MANY times and in Lloyd Center a few and was carrying every time I was in them. Concealed means concealed.

Signs? What signs? ;)

You should seek better legal advice before practicing this policy, but it is my understanding that in Oregon, businesses only have the right to ask you to leave if they catch you carrying. Its only if you refuse are you committing a crime (trespassing).

I went to Portland the other day. Stayed in a very nice hotel downtown. Still fell asleep to gunfire down the street. I will go everywhere I legally can with at least my pocket gun (especially in P-Town). If they ask me to leave, I should have concealed it better...

You should seek better legal advice before practicing this policy, but it is my understanding that in Oregon, businesses only have the right to ask you to leave if they catch you carrying. Its only if you refuse are you committing a crime (trespassing).

I went to Portland the other day. Stayed in a very nice hotel downtown. Still fell asleep to gunfire down the street. I will go everywhere I legally can with at least my pocket gun (especially in P-Town). If they ask me to leave, I should have concealed it better...

They have the right to ask you to leave and can have you arrested for trespass if you refuse.

If I am ever asked to leave I will do so, and you're right, if I'm asked to leave it will probably be because I didn't conceal well enough.

I was there about 15 min after it happened. I had to pick up a few things from the mall and I was carrying concealed. I realized that there were a lot more cops there than usual and went over to see what had happened. I know most of the gang cops and they gave me the scoop.

It made me think about what I would have done had I been there 20 minutes before. If I was alone and carrying, I would just lay low and stay put. I was there with my fiance and we were split up. I know I would go find her if I heard gunshots in another store.

If you had heard gun shots and your loved ones were in another part of the mall, what would you do? What would you do if you saw the gunman, but he was not aiming at you? I find it hard to draw and shoot someone in a crowded mall. If he drew on me, no problem, but what if his attention was on another person?

makes me think of the Washington guy that even though he was carrying decided to not shoot a kid shooting up a crowd at a shopping center.. the kid shot the guy and he was not supposed to walk again. I don't know what became of him.

makes me think of the Washington guy that even though he was carrying decided to not shoot a kid shooting up a crowd at a shopping center.. the kid shot the guy and he was not supposed to walk again. I don't know what became of him.

If I see a banger with a drawn gun he's going down. No hesitation and no mercy

If I see a banger with a drawn gun he's going down. No hesitation and no mercy

The only hesitation I would have is the possibility of someone then shooting me, thinking that I'm part of this gang shooting . I don't dress like a gangster, but I am a minority with a shaved head. lol (Not to say there aren't any white gangsters).

Maybe that CHL badge idea from an older thread wasn't such a bad idea. :D

i missed the thread you speak of, but i just gotta say... CHL badges are about as gay as two guys bubbleguming.

as to gang-bangers shooting it out... if i can see that others are in immediate danger, i suppose i'd feel obligated to intervene. but if everyone's down or the area is pretty clear of bystanders, i think i'd be inclined to just go ahead and let 'em thin themselves out a little more.

dead bangers are a martha stewart "good thing."

The only hesitation I would have is the possibility of someone then shooting me, thinking that I'm part of this gang shooting . I don't dress like a gangster, but I am a minority with a shaved head. lol (Not to say there aren't any white gangsters).

Keep a little distance.. gang bangers in general are not very good shots. One of my basic rules is never to let them get close. I will draw, first

i missed the thread you speak of, but i just gotta say... CHL badges are about as gay as two guys bubbleguming.

as to gang-bangers shooting it out... if i can see that others are in immediate danger, i suppose i'd feel obligated to intervene. but if everyone's down or the area is pretty clear of bystanders, i think i'd be inclined to just go ahead and let 'em thin themselves out a little more.

dead bangers are a martha stewart "good thing."

Right, I'm assuming for my scenario that I was in close proximity and it goes down. Also note that these kinds of shootings by criminal thugs can be and have been directed at non gang members, as the recent WA State shooting of the 4 cops was

I've always wondered what the legal ramifications would be for a self defense shooting in a business with a no firearms policy. Obviously over all it's better to be alive than dead but does anybody have any knowledge of this kind of situation?

I've always wondered what the legal ramifications would be for a self defense shooting in a business with a no firearms policy. Obviously over all it's better to be alive than dead but does anybody have any knowledge of this kind of situation?

speculation only- maybe a Criminal Trespass charge.. plead it down to a violation and move on with life.

gonna depend on the individuals handling the investigation, and the circumstances surrounding the shoot. there are a lot of "good shoots" that are still fairly questionable in necessity.. i think you'd be more likely to face a little slappy slap for that then if the shoot was clearly life-or-death and you saved lives.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top