JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering going up to the gravel pit on Larch Mountain to shoot pistols with my son. I've never been there before. I'm considering going first thing in the am (ie 7am) to avoid other shooters.

Should I be concerned about disturbing or being disturbed by deer hunters there?

Is the road accessible with a sedan or is some sort of truck/SUV mandatory?

Should be fine to go up there. People are all over the place up there with motorcycles and 4x4s so should be fine. As for the road it has not rained so all should be ok.

Good luck enjoy and be safe! Also post up what it looks like up there I have not been up there in a few years.

Going early will insure you get a place to shoot.

I've never had an issue but I would advocate keeping a loaded weapon nearby at all times, just in case...

Have a great time!

Is this the spot on the north side of hwy 6. If so peopke dont crowed the spots till 10am ish. And ya to many hikers amd motor cycles to be deer hunting

Went up there when I was a kid with my step brother and some idiot came out with his Ak47 thinking we was rambo shooting from the hip and almost shooting from behind us. We packed up and left before my step brother decided he would use him for a target

Did you ever get up there? Yes there can be many a idiot up there but
I will just keep going down the road until I find a decent spot with no people..

do you recall you and I discusing my home club,Wolverton ? it's open tomorrow to the public,and if you time it right,one of the members may have his Barret up there,usually lets folks shoot it for cost of ammo,which was 5 bucks a shot.It's a hike,but worth it, a very 'countrylike' setting too.
There will be several board members there and i'm sure they'd be glad to show you around.Nice covers in case it's raining.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top