JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shooting At IHOP Restaurant In Nevada Kills Two National Guard Members, At Least One Other | FoxNews.com

Why don't these suicidal fools leave our Military, Police alone! Starbucks-IHOP etc, what on earth do they think they are solving or helping!?! We need those that are willing to protect my/our freedoms and way of life, and we need those to protect our daily lives and laws. Really peeves me! Murder-suicide lunatics running around gives me pause, daily. I don't care Left or Right, these fools are coming unglued after 9/11, double dipping recession.

Big story and really has me concerned. Were these soldiers the target? Was it just simply the random actions of a nut-job? I'd like to think every soldier in garrison breaking at IHOP or Starbucks is carrying concealed-but I know they aren't.

IHOP massacre: Indict and demonize the gun

<broken link removed>

I think the thing about these shootings that bugs me is that you find the mall ninjas coming out of the woodwork on some forums, thumping their chests and claiming "I'da done this" or "I'da done that" and there are some people criticizing that poor guy across the parkign lot who had a gun but retreated under horrendous fire (as he tells it) withoiut getting a shot off.

That's not too hard to believe, nor too hard to accept. Who in his right mind would not duck for cover from incoming rounds?

IHOP massacre: Indict and demonize the gun

I think the thing about these shootings that bugs me is that you find the mall ninjas coming out of the woodwork on some forums, thumping their chests and claiming "I'da done this" or "I'da done that" and there are some people criticizing that poor guy across the parkign lot who had a gun but retreated under horrendous fire (as he tells it) withoiut getting a shot off.

That's not too hard to believe, nor too hard to accept. Who in his right mind would not duck for cover from incoming rounds?

Yes, I agree. It would have been great if the armed witness was positioned better when the SHTF, or had more firepower, or the timing was different, or any number of other scenarios. But he acted on the situation dealt to him using his good judgment to keep himself out of harm first. That is rule 1 for all 1st responders (medical, other emergencies). You keep yourself safe, and then help if possible. No need to add another victim to the tally by charging in unprotected. This goes for all manner of situations. You don't render medical aid without protecting yourself from fluids, you don't jump in the water to save someone unless you can swim in those conditions, you don't run into traffic to get to an accident ........ The guy was there, we weren't. It was his call to make as to whether it was better to seek cover, fire, or move to another position.

shoulda, woulda, coulda's can be said all day, but only when TSHTF will you truly know. I am in uniform every day and carry along with my co-workers, but you never know if you will be hit first. incoming rounds have the right of way...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top