JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And I think people who do not carefully read posts should slow down, re-read them before commenting negatively on them

Did you notice I said :

'I like her position on the issues but a hair 'makeover' would really help.'

How did you interpret this as 'undervaluing' ideas' ?

Did I say ANYTHING negative about, or 'undervalue' her 'ideas' ?

I'd say you are assuming I was referring to you, and not making a generalized statement about people in general. Simply put, her changing her appearance would do nothing for her ideas.

Though, it is interesting, your comment about how a hair makeover would "really help."

How and why would it help, and who would it help?

Well, at least it took 12 pages to go from "shooting incident" to "hairstyle". Next step should be the big red sign at the bottom of the page...

The question stands, do people placed here lose their constitutionally protected rights?

That was a lot of the reasoning the nut houses closed in the first place. Their constitutionality.

In many ways folks were unanimously in agreement to close the centers due to the treatment and loss of rights of the individuals. Much like the problems we are facing with the prison system, where many of those that should be going end up. Is it irony at least to state that the society is now wanting to reopen them because?

Last I checked it wasn't a felony to be insane.
We had a system in 1965 that worked. People who acted out in a mentally unstable way were committed for 72 hours for observation. At the end of that time a specially trained judge reviewed their case, using the reports from trained, professional observers, law enforcement, family, and the community. If that judge decided that involuntary commitment for treatment was necessary, and in the best interests of the person, then that commitment turned into an 8 week stay behind locked doors with trained professionals working with them daily. That system worked, and nobody's rights were violated. Of course, no system is perfect and the rare abuses were sensationalized by Hollywood (who'd have thought?), and as a result that system was dismantled. Now the same people end up living on the streets or in jail. Those same people are the ones killing themselves and taking a dozen innocent people with them. Which system do you think is more humane?

A good friend of mine, Msgt in the USAF was brutally murdered about 10 yrs ago. Black, from Chicago. Family man 3 daughters with one adopted. Murdered by some Dbag now doing life. Looking up my friends name and date it's hard to find any articles.

People like this don't get the publicity they deserve. While I don't like to see anyone die that should still be breathing behind bars or not, this theater idiots are playing out for these grown azz men or young thugs in training actually sickens me. There are good people that deserves recognition for their lives but disappear into nothing. Floyd will be acknowledged for decades if not longer in history books as a hero.

Edit to add, people like Floyd. Far from the best of the best, but people riot for their name.

I am sorry to hear that your good friend got murdered.

Take care.

Cate

If we're laying blame at the foot of the tool, then we need to have governmental controls on:
Baseball bats
Steel pipes
Hammers
Knives
Screwdrivers
Swords
Machettes
AT Cross pens and pencils
Rocks
Sticks
2x4's
Pneumatic fastening devices

The list goes on and on and on... The problem isn't the tool, it's the human operator. Until someone figures out how to legislate the condition of the heart, we're lost. Or perhaps we just need to get back to basics and people need to believe in a higher power....

This! Thank you.

ADD on trucks, cars, any type of vehicle AND cellular telephones that people still use while causing accidents whether there are LAWS on the books or not while operating a vehicle while they are ON their tellie , booze, legal Rx drugs that have HUGE SIDE EFFECTS and addiction issues, illegal drugs, etc.

Can you have a TUB in your house with your shower? What about a pool or a hot tub?

LIMIT your cleaning products.

LIMIT or ban your stinky perfumes and so forth.

The LIST is endless when a person really thinks about it.

Meanwhile while the WATCHERS are watching and telling a person who can OWN WHAT and WHEN they can OWN an object - who the H! is watching the watchers?!

Sigh, because when it comes DOWN TO IT - most of the watchers, tons of SJW type glorified social workers - some NOT all doctors and the LAW MAKERS are and CAN BE WORSE and more SCREWED UP (Criminal wise or clean record.) and MENTALLY ILL or just PLAIN BIASTED TOWARDS ANY TOOL OR THING like a, gasp, GUN, ammo, knife, etc. that CAN BE USED for self defense AND for the true meaning of the RKBA issue.

Maybe we ought to LIMIT how many children any ADULT CAN HAVE or breed due to over population and tell them at what AGE they can have them because after all - it IS FOR THE CHILDREN, eh?!

Yes, that will work, eh? Just like China?

So these people who have X amount of children as children or as old people or when they can't AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF THEM or DO NOT CHOOSE TO CARE FOR THEM - stop having them.

After all, if the SECOND IS ABOUT FREEDOM against tyranny and some folks don't SEE IT AS SOME OF US DO... why don't we turn the tables on THEM?!

Make THEM get rid of or totally BAN them for buying a tool because we think that they are careless adults who not only use SOME TOOLS and cellular telephones recklessly.

Tell them that they are reckless when it comes to having kids due to their age or for ANY other reason that 'we' think should be put upon them. Typos and added more. IT is for the children, eh?!

The chances of having a baby or child at specific ages - too young or too old sometimes causes real problems for the baby AND the adult.

It is FOR the children, eh? ALL of this anti gun talk and more bans, laws, restrictions, etc.

Funny ON how this crapola was not going on in the PAST as it is now, eh?!

I do not remember this crazy stuff going on when I was growing up but most people did not PLAY the OBJECT GAME - they put the BLAME ON WHERE IT BELONGED... THE CRIMINAL or the criminal nut job. BOTH of them did the dirty deed.

When society puts the BLAME on the criminal - sane or NOT sane and decides to PUNISH the sane CRIMINAL and the insane CRIMINAL - this salami will not be as bad.

You or SOCIETY will ALWAYS HAVE evil criminals - sane and insane CRIMINALS.

ADDED more.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
So she flew from DC to MN at taxpayer expense I'm sure to incite riots, looting and burning down the city... And what's being said about this?

Anyone?

Hello?

Crickets, just as I thought...

Perhaps Nancy should muzzle Mad Maxine. That senile fool needs to be removed from office. She's been inciting riots and violence since at least 2016...

SHE asked for extra special PROTECTION too.

Cate

And I think people who do not carefully read posts should slow down, re-read them before commenting negatively on them

Did you notice I said :

'I like her position on the issues but a hair 'makeover' would really help.'

How did you interpret this as 'undervaluing' ideas' ?

Did I say ANYTHING negative about, or 'undervalue' her 'ideas' ?

I have short hair and have had short hair almost my entire life too.

Short, super straight, clean, shiny and brown with silver in it now - I am old as you know.

I never had a perm or a dye job. I am NOT knocking people who do this - it is NOT my THING.

It is easier to care for especially for SWIMMING as I used to do on a daily basis (And may do again on a daily basis.) and for a very ACTIVE life style in the past. Busy working, building a house, caring for people, volunteer work, busy with my German Shepherd dog/dogs and 2 other dogs over the years.

I think that OLDER LADIES, middle aged ladies and younger ladies look much better with short hair or shorter hair too.

Plus when women try to look so NATURAL and slap all of that STUFF ON their faces - they would look better being really natural or with only a BIT of stuff on their face.

Plus their SKIN looks healthier and IS healthier long into their 70's too.

I can say this as an older lady. I agree with you.

I understood what you meant and I still understand what you mean too.

I am biased - I LIKE MEN with short, clean and shiny hair too. I always did as a NON hippy/dippy too. LOL

Take care. My husband sends his best wishes to you too!

Cate
PS: We had SNOW on Monday here in the valley and elsewhere.

I see crazy, reckless and STUPID (LOW or high IQ (?!) people can do stupid things using NO common sense.) DRIVERS out on the roads, city streets and highways all of the time.

Other people see them too!

People who are too stupid or lazy or IGNORANT to use a turn signal or use a hand/arm for a signal if they are in an OLD car or truck or tractor.

People who take their EYES off of the road or they do not obey traffic laws. That list is endless.

Maybe we ought to GO AFTER all of those vehicles now. It must be the vehicle's fault and not the HUMAN BEING with a pulse - dumb bunny driver, eh?!

And while we go after guns and gun ownership - LOOK at the statistics when it comes to vehicle accidents AND the people who cause them.

LOOK at the MASSIVE side effects of Legal Rx Medicines especially very specific meds AND illegal drugs that are now LEGAL in many states. Funny on how so many people IN this country refuse to LOOK at those things.

Especially when the SJW TYPES force some meds on young men at an early age because they REFUSE TO GIVE THEM GUIDELINES and boundaries so they think that if they DOPE THEM UP - they can be controlled.

Like a Zombie - dope them up. Later on, more MEDS because the old ones don't work any longer. More side effects.

Yet, these SJW types and EXPERTS (LOL NOT!) think it is just fine and dandy to FORCE some types of meds on some people especially YOUNG KIDS and teens when all those BRATS or punks needed was some discipline, love and common sense given to them by a loving parent/parents and other GOOD and sane mentors in their lives!

Yeah, it must be the GUNS, eh?! NOT!

Cate

I did not know who BJ was before the defensive gun use either, but I did know his girlfriend Tori Nonaka from Team Glock. I was surprised that she was not also carrying. A far as the "commercial", I bet that was scripted by NRA marketing. I have never killed anyone before. Never shot at somebody nor been shot at. I imagine it is very traumatic. The brain uses a technique called "Compartmentalization" to reconcile having done something horrible. A fight for survival is traumatic, but classifying it the same as winning a competition maybe what BJ needed to do so he could move on and not dwell about almost dying. That way killing in self-defense becomes "I got my hits".

You seem to be going out of your way to normalize the many interviews Baldwin gave where he said that. Having been personally attacked by his cultish followers for a comment questioning why they were hanging out in a parking lot in the wee hours, I'll not participate in any idolization or giving of breaks.

But if I were to accept your theory, I would say it shows what a bad idea giving interviews after a "traumatic" incident is, because at the very least he made it seem like it was nothing to him, not traumatic at all. He was as proud as if he had just won a major bike race. Yeah, he won. Good for him. But he's no hero worthy of the kind of adulation that he's gotten.

You ever see an interview with Chris Kyle? He didn't talk like that.

@Catherine1

I have had grey hair since I was in my early 20s. My dad did too. And my daughter recently visited from Arkansas and she has longish completely grey hair at 44. She's beautiful and her hair is too. Amazing how grey can look so nice. lol

But in general I do think that short hair looks much better on older gals. My wife is obsessive about keeping hers short. I think too short sometimes, but she doesn't like it hanging/touching, esp on her neck.

When I was a young man, a loooooooong time ago, I wanted long hair. Hippy length. Kept it tamed with a leather headband. YIKES! But then I went into the service and kept it short ever since. Now when I see a guy with hair that long, I just laugh at them. My neighbor had his in a man bun when he was blogging for a living, then cut it short when he went to work in the real world as a plumber's apprentice. Another neighboring young man was proud of being a "second generation salesman"... now he is unemployed and with his long reddish hair looks like a beserker.

We had a system in 1965 that worked. People who acted out in a mentally unstable way were committed for 72 hours for observation. At the end of that time a specially trained judge reviewed their case, using the reports from trained, professional observers, law enforcement, family, and the community. If that judge decided that involuntary commitment for treatment was necessary, and in the best interests of the person, then that commitment turned into an 8 week stay behind locked doors with trained professionals working with them daily. That system worked, and nobody's rights were violated. Of course, no system is perfect and the rare abuses were sensationalized by Hollywood (who'd have thought?), and as a result that system was dismantled. Now the same people end up living on the streets or in jail. Those same people are the ones killing themselves and taking a dozen innocent people with them. Which system do you think is more humane?
I don't know which is more humane. Likely neither.

Until we have better science behind it to allow for laws to be better developed, I don't think there is a good answer.

The current homeless mental health "system" is certainly inhumane.

Institutionalization would be better, and easily improved upon given what is known from our previous failures.

In my opinion.
I certainly agree. We have better tech and science that understands the human brain a bit more since then. Not exacting science or anything, so like before, it would be a matter of time before we (society) would see it as inhuman once again.

I go back to my earlier analogy. If 0.00001% of the public tends to be mentally insanely. The number insane in 1960 wouldn't be the same as 2021. It may appear to have grown, but it may be the same percentage.

In the case of this young man, it's hard to say if he should have been institutionalized. If he had not murdered, he'd likely be considered someone that could have been a member on NWFA.

It is only after he committed murder, do we start looking at all of his mental health problems as an issue.

So in a sense, that is our sides reasoning, or one of them. Gun owners point to that direction. If only he had been committed.

Where as anti gunners don't look at the at mental health and only see the gun. If only he didn't have the gun.

The public, sure. But the FBI and other organs of society had reason to check him out. That alone is not normal.
If you are on a list, should the FBI or other agencies look further into you and restrict your rights? Or shouldn't you still have the right to the 4th amendment?

If you are on a list, should the FBI or other agencies look further into you and restrict your rights? Or shouldn't you still have the right to the 4th amendment?
The government should p*** or get of the pot. Check people out and if they find some issue INSTEAD of trying to build an air tight case over months or years, get a public safety hazard off the streets. Are they dangerous or not? If not leave people alone. If they are, and it shouldn't be rocket science, remove them like any danger.

I have a CHL, already been sufficiently investigated by the federal alphabet agencies...

:s0054:
Hmmm. Technically yes. Look how many have "slipped through the cracks". I don't believe background checks work, since the criminal knows possession of what items will send them BACK to jail or if they are in violation of any 4473 questions. Do states with face to face sales fair better that states that require FFLs?

The government should p*** or get of the pot. Check people out and if they find some issue INSTEAD of trying to build an air tight case over months or years, get a public safety hazard off the streets. Are they dangerous or not? If not leave people alone. If they are, and it shouldn't be rocket science, remove them like any danger.
I imagine they did. The FBI still has to operate within the law. So they likely did not find anything on the kid. Especially since he was just a kid. I imagine they found no legal grounds to continue their investigations and got off the pot.

Like I said before, this kid committed no crimes until he committed murder. He was red flagged over feelings. We don't enforce laws for feelings. So technically his rights were removed by his mother's feelings. We have no science to prove that someone is suicidal. Being suicidal is not a crime.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top