JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not about truck guns you're not!😉

I am going to garden with my wife and enjoy a little freedom.

Peace
I have no issue with truck guns. They just aren't advantageous for me in my current climate. That's all.

I am not judging him as a person. Simply an event that proves that you can draw and win a gun fight when the perp already has a weapon drawn. I don't really care about individuals and how they talk. Whether we like the dude or not he won.

He's still a dick.

It's good he and his girlfriend survived an armed assault with deadly intent. I'd rather focus on that than him "winning". (Because of his competitive history)

He's still a dick.

It's good he and his girlfriend survived an armed assault with deadly intent. I'd rather focus on that than him "winning". (Because of his competitive history)
Well it's a fight. Whether it is a gun fight or a physical fight call it what you want. It's a competition of life and I want to win. Some people think I'm a dick. And I'm sure some think you're a dick. We can't please and be friends with everyone. Not everyone gets the same version of me. As long as I'm alive I don't care what people think of me. I'm sure it's the same with BJ.

Last Edited:
Well it's a fight. Whether it is a gun fight or a physical fight call it what you want. It's a competition of life and I want to win. Some people think I'm a dick. And I'm sure some think you're a dick. We can't please and be friends with everyone. Not everyone gets the same version of me. As long as I'm alive I don't care what people think of me. I'm sure it's the same with BJ.

I'm REAL sure it is.

I'm not everybody's cup of tea. For sure. But I was taught to be polite, until the sheite starts flowing, and to take others into consideration. I guess "do unto others" has a diff meaning for some.

I'm REAL sure it is.

I'm not everybody's cup of tea. For sure. But I was taught to be polite, until the sheite starts flowing, and to take others into consideration. I guess "do unto others" has a diff meaning for some.

6A4048CF-1407-4656-B200-DDAE0067982D.jpeg

BJ's a dick, a big mouth egotist, and an embarrassment. He should have kept his big mouth shut. "I got all my hits!!" He won the gunfight and lost the interview.

Don't draw against a drawn gun is good general rule, but as with most, it doesn't ALWAYS apply. A defender has got to use his/her head. BJ is a great shot and the other guy wasn't. But it usually doesn't go like that.
The shooting started beyond the typical 7 yards. BJ made the hits because he practiced at distance and I don't fault him for bragging.

The shooting started beyond the typical 7 yards. BJ made the hits because he practiced at distance and I don't fault him for bragging.

He's still a dick. Only dicks brag about getting all their "hits" on a human being that was stupid enough to go up against them. (Hint: a "hit" is on a paper target). Bragging about killing is a dick move. And like in the old west, there is always somebody faster and more accurate. Just wait. He's a dick on his bike and off his bike. I'm sure he's a dick at the range. He's definitely a dick in interviews. Makes self defenders look bad. A little humility would have gone a long way.

He's still a dick. Only dicks brag about getting all their "hits" on a human being that was stupid enough to go up against them. (Hint: a "hit" is on a paper target). Bragging about killing is a dick move. And like in the old west, there is always somebody faster and more accurate. Just wait. He's a dick on his bike and off his bike. I'm sure he's a dick at the range. He's definitely a dick in interviews. Makes self defenders look bad. A little humility would have gone a long way.
So humility when you're the one defending life but zero regard for life when it's a criminal who gets shot by a cop? When is life important and not important? Not saying you specifically, but there are a lot of times in this forum when people automatically celebrate the death of a criminal (justified shooting or not) and in the same sentence will turn around and say an individual who used a firearm in self defense needs to be more humble and respect life.... yes he could use more tact when he speaks. Couldn't we all? So many in the 2A community will jump up and down in joy over the death of a criminal when on the flip side there are people who loved and cared about the individual killed. Multiple people/communities are affected not just the criminal. How does celebration of a death affect the 2A community in the eyes of the community hurt by the shooting? Yes I think certain actions deserve death. Violence is needed. But every shooting has a larger affect that reaches much farther than the shooter and the individual shot. Humility in both sides would go very far, sadly we rarely see that characteristic in humanity.

Humility in both sides would go very far, sadly we rarely see that characteristic in humanity.

Depends on who you hang out with. You hang out here, you're going to get all flavors of human opinion. Can't change that. But the people I allow into my personal life, diff story. I don't like dickish behavior on any front, but I can only control what I am exposed to at home. Once I'm here, to fight every behavior I don't like would be very Don Quixotish.

Depends on who you hang out with. You hang out here, you're going to get all flavors of human opinion. Can't change that. But the people I allow into my personal life, diff story. I don't like dickish behavior on any front, but I can only control what I am exposed to at home. Once I'm here, to fight every behavior I don't like would be very Don Quixotish.
I 100 percent agree with you on that. My friend circle is very small for that exact reason. They say look at the 5 people you spend the most time with and the average of that is who you are if you look in the mirror. I'm very particular with who I associate myself with. I enjoy dark humor but I also see a ton of value in life.

That perp was turned into a transexual in 0.3 seconds.
Those same 0.3 seconds with a dad in the house or a mother that would let dad in over government assistance (just a guess) could have prevented this bad decision. My father wasn't in the house but around. I was lucky enough to have friends fathers in the picture who weren't afraid to call out youthful stupidity. If my friends got in trouble if I was too stupid not to leave I got in trouble with them.

Yep sometimes you can't get to the Gat...

Trying to figure out which of the two offenders was screaming like a stuck pig... The intended victim should have held the skinny waif for police to take into custody.

I did like the full force, skeletal shaking body slam... That was priceless!

So humility when you're the one defending life but zero regard for life when it's a criminal who gets shot by a cop? When is life important and not important? Not saying you specifically, but there are a lot of times in this forum when people automatically celebrate the death of a criminal (justified shooting or not) and in the same sentence will turn around and say an individual who used a firearm in self defense needs to be more humble and respect life....
Just my take on it but there is a difference in the way people react to a shooting when it is experienced by an LEO or a civilian.

WHen it is LEO involved there seems to be less emphasis on the LEO and more on the criminal. The LEO is normally not interviewed publically, doesn't appear in NRA productions, and largely in part is kept out of the public eye.

The criminal who was shot OTOH tends to be point of conversation, his or her background discussed, previous legal issues and eventually it almost seems to end up a 'general consensus' it was the fault of the criminal he or she got shot due to non-compliance, attempting to flee etc. regardless if the shooting was justified or not.

However when it is a civilian involved shooting it seems there is more emphasis on the 'shooter'. He or she appears to be more the 'highlight' of discussion such as who they are, personal and family history, what they were doing leading up to the shooting, gun used & other details including public interviews or presentations - such as the NRA one J.B Baldwin participated in. In all honesty until this shooting took place last year I had no Idea who 'B.J Baldwin' was.

Regardless in a civilian involved shooting the criminal is often not given near the level of his or her background and history as in a LEO involved shooting.

I am not saying there is any fault in this it just seems there are very different perceptions as to the situation - be it LEO or civilian involved.

Just my take on it but there is a difference in the way people react to a shooting when it is experienced by an LEO or a civilian.

WHen it is LEO involved there seems to be less emphasis on the LEO and more on the criminal. The LEO is normally not interviewed publically, doesn't appear in NRA productions, and largely in part is kept out of the public eye.

The criminal who was shot OTOH tends to be point of conversation, his or her background discussed, previous legal issues and eventually it almost seems to end up a 'general consensus' it was the fault of the criminal he or she got shot due to non-compliance, attempting to flee etc. regardless if the shooting was justified or not.

However when it is a civilian involved shooting it seems there is more emphasis on the 'shooter'. He or she appears to be more the 'highlight' of discussion such as who they are, personal and family history, what they were doing leading up to the shooting, gun used & other details including public interviews or presentations - such as the NRA one J.B Baldwin participated in. In all honesty until this shooting took place last year I had no Idea who 'B.J Baldwin' was.

Regardless in a civilian involved shooting the criminal is often not given near the level of his or her background and history as in a LEO involved shooting.

I am not saying there is any fault in this it just seems there are very different perceptions as to the situation - be it LEO or civilian involved.
Agreed.

Trying to figure out which of the two offenders was screaming like a stuck pig... The intended victim should have held the skinny waif for police to take into custody.

I did like the full force, skeletal shaking body slam... That was priceless!
I am pretty sure it was the kid with the gun making little b*itch noises as he was getting re-positioned.

I told my wife, he is lucky he ran up on a guy who could throw him around like that. My response would have been more along the lines of:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top