JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While this is a terrible tragedy and I say prayers for the families and their dead loved ones, I will not give up my right to use a firearm to defend myself from people like this.

Emotions and terrible events don't negate or nullify my rights.

lemme guess. 80% lower, pistol brace, short barrel and a silencer.

edit: almost forgot the "high capacity 30 round magazine" too

Dont forget the 30 rd mag and high power armor piercing incendiary explodin heat seeking ammo, he undoubtedly also bought it on line with no BGC.

Don't forget the typical puny little weed of an INCEL male specimen who was the perpetrator....

:rolleyes:

I never consider not carrying or giving away my ability to protect myself. If someone broke in the neighbors door and killed them, I wouldn't think leaving my doors unlocked would solve anything.

Not a single one of those ways of carrying are even remotely quick to deploy. Seconds matter. Plus nothing protecting the trigger guards from interference (except so nylon) in any of those carry positions. I'll pass. What good is the weapon if you can't get it easily? I may be proven wrong but I just don't see that as realistic. It's very easy to make a video with a SBS shoved down a pant leg but that doesn't make it realistic. I get her point and I know for women carrying can be a lot more difficult due to size and clothing.

Does anyone here actually WATCH Active Self Protection with the sound up?

NO ONE wins a quick draw competition with a perp. Perps have the initiative, always!
BJ Baldwin did in the Vegas shooting he was involved at In and Out. And that's just one example. Perp already had the gun out and BJ walked away alive. There are multiple interviews with him where he discusses it. I would be careful to say ALWAYS and NO ONE.

Last Edited:
Does anyone here actually WATCH Active Self Protection with the sound up?

NO ONE wins a quick draw competition with a perp. Perps have the initiative, always!

I generally don't have the sound up on either of my 'puters, but my Roku streams YouTub and I watch 99.9% of my ASP viewing there with the sound on. Can't beat evidence based analysis!

And he is right, most attacks come as a surprise... don't draw against a drawn gun. But I've seen enough vids to know that there are usually opportunities to do a stealth draw... you have to wait your turn, hide or camo your draw, no fast movements, then the BG usually winds up taking the temp challenge while full of lead.

I think the woman shown carrying is just fine... you do what you can, when you can. Complying is the first option. It buys you time. But if there is lead coming your way, you should be running for cover, or ducking, not drawing.

BJ Baldwin did in the Vegas shooting he was involved at In and Out. And that's just one example. Perp already had the gun out and BJ walked away alive. There are multiple interviews with him where he discusses it. I would be careful to say ALWAYS and NO ONE.

BJ's a dick, a big mouth egotist, and an embarrassment. He should have kept his big mouth shut. "I got all my hits!!" He won the gunfight and lost the interview.

Don't draw against a drawn gun is good general rule, but as with most, it doesn't ALWAYS apply. A defender has got to use his/her head. BJ is a great shot and the other guy wasn't. But it usually doesn't go like that.

BJ's a dick, a big mouth egotist, and an embarrassment. He should have kept his big mouth shut. "I got all my hits!!" He won the gunfight and lost the interview.

Don't draw against a drawn gun is good general rule, but as with most, it doesn't ALWAYS apply. A defender has got to use his/her head. BJ is a great shot and the other guy wasn't. But it usually doesn't go like that.
I am not judging him as a person. Simply an event that proves that you can draw and win a gun fight when the perp already has a weapon drawn. I don't really care about individuals and how they talk. Whether we like the dude or not he won.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top