JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At 430 AM even I would gear up, and then go looking to see which neighbor unloaded on somebody and if I can help them out.

Out here in the boonies a mag dump has a different context, but generally people don't shoot that early just to be shooting - they usually wait until most of us are awake.
There was no sirens whatsoever. And I would be nuts to walk around the crime scene with loaded rifle right after someone emptied their rig. Firstly, the neighbors wouldn't know where or who fired and seeing someone walking around armed would assume it's was me. Secondly, at the time no one knew what happened. The shooter could be at large or it could have been the police who fired since there were no sirens; no amublance, police or fire department. I've seen multiple police respond to a fender bender on the main road, sirens blaring.

There was no sirens whatsoever. And I would be nuts to walk around the crime scene with loaded rifle right after someone emptied their rig. Firstly, the neighbors wouldn't know where or who fired and seeing someone walking around armed would assume it's was me. Secondly, at the time no one knew what happened. The shooter could be at large or it could have been the police who fired since there were no sirens; no amublance, police or fire department. I've seen multiple police respond to a fender bender on the main road, sirens blaring.
As soon as I hear a hubub I fire up my Broadcastify scanner app.. it's pretty neat.

Yeah see, I would not know if there was a crime or not, and I would not know whether the sheriff was called or if he should be called until I found out what happened. We have often have gun fire here, and in the almost ten years I have been here, none of it has been crime related. The only unusual would be gun fire at 430 AM.

The point of my previous post was that out here in the boonies gun fire has different connotations.

And yes, I know what Mukilteo is like, been there many times - used to live in Everett where we had driveby shootings on our dead end - twice (to which I went outside, armed)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top