JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suspect that violent crime (as reported by FBI Crime stats) is still down, but the press is making a big deal out of every shooting to push an agenda....but that is just me being suspicious...

Agreed!
However, non-violent crime is going up. The number thefts is really going up. I have noticed a large number of cars as of late with plastic windows, I ssume just like mine, from smash and grabs. I personaly know six people this month alone that have had that happen... And I dont know a lot of people.
anytime a gun is used the media is all over it to make it as big as a deal as possable to make a point...
I dont understand there agenda though..

Sadly, this plays right into the leftist agenda. Bystanders were hit. They will use this as an argument to get rid of all guns and carry. They will say carrying a gun would not have saved the bystanders in this case, and that banning all guns would have. Libs...

becoming a daily occurance..
Not good.

But its not just shootings.. Its crime in general! everywhere!
Things are getting worse...
Actually it's becoming a daily NEWS MEDIA CIRCUS. Shootings have been happening for years, but now the media is beating the drum for more anti-gun laws so they hype it up.

Very sensationalized! I bet the media conveniently forgets the "
Gun Free Zone" campus sticker. Check this out...

Lone Star College System

Weapons On Premises

Weapons On Premises
II.F. WEAPONS ON PREMISES
II.F.1. Policy

II.F.1.01 Firearms/Weapons - Illegal
A person shall not knowingly, intentionally or recklessly go onto the physical premises or passenger transportation vehicle

of the System with a firearm or any prohibited weapon listed in Penal Code 46.05(a) unless pursuant to written

regulation or law, or written authorization of the System.
Violation of this law is a third degree felony. Penal Code 46.05 (See also Section: Student Code of Conduct, Section VI.

Students, of Board Policy Manual).
The physical premises of the System means any grounds or buildings owned or leased by the System, including, but not

limited to, lots and land under the control of the System, or upon which a System building is located
II.F.1.02 Firearms/Weapons - Prohibited
No person shall be permitted to interfere with the normal activities, the normal occupancy or the normal use of any

building or portion of campus of any school by exhibiting or using or threatening to exhibit or use a firearm of weapon.
II.F.1.03 Firearms at System Meetings
Regardless of whether the weapon is concealed or not, a person who has been issued a license to carry a concealed

firearm commits an offense if he or she carries a firearm at any meeting of the System, unless otherwise allowed by state

law.
II.F.1.04 Criminal Trespass
A person who carries a concealed handgun whether licensed or not onto premises to which the System has title or

possession or is a holder in due course of a negotiable instrument in violation of a posted notice violates the criminal

trespass statute.
II.F.1.05 Prohibition of Concealed Weapons
Unless otherwise allowed by state law, the System may prohibit persons who are licensed to carry a concealed handgun

from carrying a concealed weapon onto its premises.
II.F.1.06 System Firearms Policy
It is the policy of this System to prohibit the carrying of firearms, knives and clubs onto any of the System's facilities. The

possession of firearms, illegal knives and prohibited knives on System facilities including parking areas and publicly

accessed facilities is a violation of criminal law and Board policies. This prohibition includes licensed concealed handguns

except as otherwise allowed by state law.
Persons who violate the law and these policies will be subject to serious consequences, including referral for criminal

prosecution, dismissal from school or discharge of employment.
The System may impose the most severe sanctions available to it, including expulsion, in the case of a student, or

immediate discharge, in the case of an employee, if it finds that the policy was breached intentionally or in a manner that

placed in jeopardy the safety and security of the colleges or any of the persons on its premises.
The System, through its police department, publications and signage, shall inform students, employees, renters and

visitors of the law and these policies.
The System shall develop procedures to permit law enforcement officers and others in similar positions, identified as

exempt from these policies, to carry concealed weapons on their persons while in the actual course of duty, and in their

vehicles while off duty, if required to carry such weapons by their employers.
It is the policy of this System to prohibit the carrying of firearms, knives and clubs onto any of the System's facilities.

LSCS Policy Manual Section adopted by the Board of Trustees on August 7, 2008

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top