Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shooting around Stayton OR?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Warthog, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Warthog

Warthog Turner, OR Active Member

Hello,

I live outside Stayton OR, and could shoot in my backyard if we didn't have so many neighbors. Years ago (8 plus) I used to go up to Snow Peak, its about 45 mins. from here. The last time I was there they had security and the gate was locked. Dose anyone know of a place close in to do some plinking? It’s very frustrating to live in the country and still have nowhere to shoot. This state is basically empty, but if you build a house it’s almost guaranteed someone will build right next to you.I never will understand that. Anyway, love to find something close in.

Thanks!

2. Warthog

Warthog Turner, OR Active Member

Was it something I said? No answers to my post?

What I didn't say was I am not really from this area. I lived in Vancouver WA until 2007. I knew about Snow Peak, or at least I think thats whats its called, from a friend who lived in that area as a kid. Any help on a place to plink (for free) with my kids would be great. Thanks!

3. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

if you are outside of city limits and you have a safe direction to shoot, go for it. I always did when I was in that situation.

4. USMC1911

USMC1911 Salem Active Member

If you dont mind a little drive go to Gates and go up gates hill road lots of shooting spots up there.

5. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

Well, of course, there is always the range in Albany... But I think other than that, any dirt road should do???