JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you search here, you will find threads on this. Please, please clean up after yourself when you do go. Its getting out of control at some of the closer spots to salem...the shotgunners/clay shooters leave a pile of hundreds of shells each time they go. Then the rednecks leave shot up TV's, toilets, whatever. All this on state forest land, which can get closed to shooting.
End rant :/

I got a buddy that went out the other day to shoot at one of the more popular places above Scotts Mills and instead of shooting him and his boy ended up picking up almost a half a 5 gallon bucket of brass and over 400 Pop and beer cans. He said he also filled the back of his short box 1/2 ton with misc garbage from the site.

He works for a logging company and he's not amuzed. Its guys like this that decide when to lock up the gates and screw with deer hunting and other types of access.

SO YES PLEASE if you can't afford a club at least pickup you mess and maybe a few dozen other peoples while your at it.

Couldn't agree more with you guys! Please clean up after yourselves. I've come to realize I can't find every single casing I drop, but I can easily leave with more than shot.

But more to the original point. Head east on Hwy 22 and take the gravel roads around Lyons; see this post. But be very cautious, it's difficult to find a straight stretch >30 yards that has a suitable backdrop. The roads wind all over the place...shoot dirt! :)

It was costing me too much time and money in gas to go 20+ miles one way to shoot, so I just payed the ridiculous membership price for the local club. Doesn't take long to make that money back in gas when I get 13 MPG.....

Other than that, I used to head out the back way thru Independence and Monmouth, hit the highway near Falls City....a few places to shoot out there...

If you drive through silverton headed for Silver Falls State Park there is a great BLM area half way there.......just drive toward the falls. About 1/2 way to the falls you will pass a roadside market on the left......just past there you will see a steel building on the corner (fire dept) TURN LEFT.....there is a Nursery there and a road....it is GRADE road.....drive exactly 5 miles from that point and you will come to a VERY nice open area that has been logged off. If you continue you will see a SPLIT in the road....one goes DOWN....the Other goes UP. Take the UPPER road.....about 200 yards up you will see a road that goes UP......drive to the top of the hill and there is a GREAT area with plenty of room and places to set targets on Stumps ALL over the place.....SHHHH....don't tell too many people.......I NEVER see others there.

+1 on 4 corners. I went to their sight in day 2 years ago & after reading all the rules I decided 1 shot every second at only paper, and no shotgunning wasn't worth saving a few minutes drive time to the woods. Not really a realistic way to practice skills at such a structured club.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top