JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey guys, I thought I would bring this thread back to see if there's any up date on a good spot in Hillsboro or forest grove. I would hate to pull off some random road off highway 26 and end up on private property.

With the amount of shooting that goes on around here it's weird that there aren't any more publicly available ranges for rifles and hand guns around Hillsboro. I went to one at English Pit in Vancouver once. Nothing really fancy and only max 100 yard ranges. But it was ok for hand guns. For $15 you could shoot the whole day. I've been thinking about trying to arrange something like that myself. But haven't gotten any further than thinking... The only other place I know of is the Indoor range that Beaver creek armory is building. But you have to be a member and you have to buy the ammo there.

back off of hagg is private for the most partand and not much appreciated when poeple travel from far to shoot back in there. Also, there is securty now with the WH, and Koenicke properties being trashed all the time.

It is shameful when you see how people have treated that location, and many others on my side of town.

ON that note, the pit up of idiot loop on the 26 is a great spot, even a 400+ yard shot, thats great practice.

Can you give specific location?

I take my boys up around Salmonberry rd. We shoot for a while and then clean up. I take three small buckets with us and see who can fill them up the most. We dont shoot enough to fill them but others do. We also take a bag of garbage with us. It keeps our shooting areas/forests clean and teaches my boys respect for our sport and forests.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top