JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sultan basin and granite falls area are a couple I have used in the past. Find and make a buddy who owns a farm out there and your in business. Now a days I am up north and use a place around lake McMurray. I know those are not super close but thats what I got.

I've heard of those places, my Dad used to shoot there. I have a place just a mile north of my house that I shoot at, but there's not much room, and I'm concerned about the legality of shooting there. It says "State Trust Land" and ok's shooting, but there's private property along the road. I also know of a place near Oso, WA that I call "AG" (Anything Goes), because I can load and fire more than 1 round at a time!

Both areas have private property at the first parts of the road, 4 to 5 miles and you out of private property. eventually you will find shooting sites on those roads. As of legal or not I have to be honest and say I'm not sure. I believe Rieter road has no shooting signs up and in Sultan Basin I have not seen those. I have read posting on here somewhere that they call the sheriffs office to get knowledge of shooting areas being ok or not. otherwise if there is no signs then there may be no foul:s0155:

sorry I made that confusing. Rieter road has "NO shooting" signs up. sultan basin which is a little closer west on hwy 2 is the place to check and in the past I have driven up sultan basin and found good areas for rifle. I have not been up sultan road in awhile but I know it turns into a gravel road after a bit and then sounds like your in the clear. I will see if I can find anymore info of legal stuff but I suggest you check as well.
Also if you drive up past Index, I hear, many old logging roads that might have spots to shoot.

fmj 911 looks like that would be a bad Idea to shoot in the basin, as i posted in another thread you started. I also saw a gun club in Granite falls that has a public range. You should check into loggin roads past Index, but who knows they may have closed them too. Any info I find I will share. good luck

Granite falls has a shotgun range. It may allow pistols but idk. Sultan basin is closed to shooting but the reason is mixed. The signs say city council which have no right on state owned land. All I know is I was checked out by a rude sheriffs deputy and told to leave.

Now I shoot up near Darrington on a friends private property. I can do some shooting at my place outside of granite falls but not too much as I don't want to piss of neighbors. Call the ranger station in verlot and ask.

I have a friend who lives across the street, maybe he can show me a few places to go shoot. But I am not willing to pay so much money just to go "test" out my guns. My Dad bought some guns, and never test-fired them, so we went to the range, and the guns didn't shoot worth a S**t, so that was $15 down the drain. And that "One-shot at a time" rule seems to annoy me, I want to shoot a semi-auto rifle, and not have to reload after every single shot. Even my Dad can agree. I don't know if I'm being a weirdo, but I like to shoot military rifles the way they were designed, and have fun doing it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top