JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was wondering if anyone knew of a place in or around Pierce County to be able to take the wife and son shooting outdoors without having to become a member of some club etc?? Any help would be apreciated! Thanks!!
Rob

The Tacoma Sportsmans just past 152nd on Canyon Road. Outdoor range...don't have to be a member...just have to sign in and pay $10/head. If the office in the upper parking lot is closed, take a right through the white gate next to the archery range and go down to the lower area where the pistol/rifle ranges are. There is a shack by the rifle range where you can pay and get targets. They don't sell ammo. Hours are 9-7 all week IIRC...I recommend going mid-week...last saturday was crazy busy. Happy shooting!

Range 15 on Fort Lewis. Go in through the East Gate and you'll see the range on your right before you get to the guard shack to enter the base. Around $5 or so but it's only open on Saturdays and Sundays from 10-4.

I was going to say range15 also. Open to public as said above. Also open Friday in the summer starting in July according to the PDF I found. Finally went last weekend. Was real fun and ran smooth. Shot on the pistol side and rifle side after a spot opened. I got there around 10:30 and all the rifle slots were filled... but by 12 it was only half full.

Oh and they have ammo, targets and snacks for sale. Would be a place is take my wife and kids knowing its safer feeling than being out in the woods with the general public....like out in capitol forest.

I agree Range 15 is not bad of a place, but in my case being that I am in the Army, I try to change it up a little (kinda had my fill of Ft. Lewis ranges)..lol I think I will go try out that tacoma sportsman range this weekend and if it is too crowded I'll probably just head over to bullseye even if it is just an indoor range. Thanks to all of you that posted so far, I do apreciate it alot!

A group of us from our platoon will be heading out to Tacoma sportsman range tomorrow with the wives and kids, hoping it will be a good spot. I will post some feedback on it once we get back..

Well we all went and checked out Tacoma Sportsman club today. It was really not that bad of a place. They have alot to offer, the pricing was fair and they did provide what seemed to be a safe enviroment for all there. They do not allow the use of silhouette targets although it seemed to be enforced more on the handgun range than the rifle range which I found kinda odd. They do not allow rapid fire of any weapon on either of the ranges and if you do have an AR you cannot load more than 10 rounds in your magazines I am sure its all in the name of safety which is fine by me to be honest. The employees seemed to be very friendly and ready to answer any questions that you ask of them. In general the other shooters that were there seemed to be quite friendly as well and very respectful of one an other and followed all the safety regulations without fail... I would recommend checking them out. I know we will definatly be going back again in the future

Sounds good. I would assume the 10 round thing applies to any "Evil" gun, like my Mak 90? What about handguns? Can you load more than 10 rds? How did the shooting cycles compare to range15?

My friends who I took to Range15 really liked it and the way it was run, they left feeling safe and really want to go back, but maybe instead we will check out that Tacoma Sportsman place.

I would imagine that more than 10 rnds in a hand gun is ok, I had 13 in mine and nothing was said and my other handgun only held ten.

I just bought my first gun - a Mossberg 500 shotgun - and I don't know where to shoot it! I know there are rifle ranges in the area, but which ones allow shotgun shooting? I know there are also places in the area where I could shoot skeet and trap, but what about stationary target shooting? We bought this gun for home defense and for recreational shooting and I want to get good at shooting it. Thanks!

They do not allow rapid fire of any weapon on either of the ranges and if you do have an AR you cannot load more than 10 rounds in your magazines I am sure its all in the name of safety which is fine by me to be honest

I've been there several times, and I have never seen anything about a limit on magazine capacity or round limits. My pistol takes 16rd magazines and I have 30rd mags for my AR. Always fill them up and no one has ever said anything. Only real restriction is no rapid fire.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top