JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are any of the usual shooting areas in open in SW WA. Larch Mtn, Siouxin or above Sunset Falls? Just wondering if they closed the woods for shooting like they did a couple of years ago without posting any warning signs due to high temperatures and fire danger. I looked online but didn't see anything.

Are any of the usual shooting areas in open in SW WA. Larch Mtn, Siouxin or above Sunset Falls? Just wondering if they closed the woods for shooting like they did a couple of years ago without posting any warning signs due to high temperatures and fire danger. I looked online but didn't see anything.
As of today all Wa fish and game land is closed.i would think that pretty much all public land will be closed to SHOOTING and camp fire soon .
I wouldn't risk it anyway itsi dry out there.
It would suck to start a fire .that could destroy people's houses and lives .
Just because you wanted to go shooting .go to a range or indoor range .or just wait till we get some more rain for a few days

I know some places that are rock pits with nothing burnable in them. And they are in federal land. The national forest web site are only showing a few places listed as closed to shooting. Of course if I give it a try I will have a shovel, fire extinguisher, bucket and some water.

I know some places that are rock pits with nothing burnable in them. And they are in federal land. The national forest web site are only showing a few places listed as closed to shooting. Of course if I give it a try I will have a shovel, fire extinguisher, bucket and some water.
You know that's all good but what if you have something go into the woods catch on fire .then a tree is on fire . your shovel is nothing compared to a forest fire . UNLESS you have ever seen a 90 foot tree burn you have no idea how it works

I know some people that know about fighting fires 1361.jpeg 1364.jpeg

I know, that to many it seems funny it can take minutes to start a nice camp fire so how is a firearm going to cause a fire.
In fact 100% truth is happens quite often, years ago when this started becoming more known it could cause a fire, I thought it was some liberal ploy to keep shooters out off the land. The reality is it happens allot, but generally is only a few acres when they do occur
and that is only because generally there is road access to the fire. And to break all rumors it doesn't matter what ammo you are using there is plenty of evidence you could be shooting with no grass around for quite awhile and you would be wrong, in 2016 two men were shooting and a bullet passed thru and caught 9 acres on fire and there was no trees, and the grass was only inches high. Point is when its fire danger time don't do it. We have enough problems with antis making up bubblegum, lets not give them truths to use. Just my two cents.

This is a good time to do some reloading if you do. When it ok to go back out you have your ammo ready to shoot or test.

Thats a good idea, also a great time to do some checks on the firearm, check screws, sights, magazines. Cleaning, is also a great time,
going back thru to make sure everything is as it should be.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top