JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do.everything possible to.not hurt my or others companions and hope it never happens but if I have to shoot some couch to protect my own so be it. I can picture a hundred different scenarios in my mind and think how I will respond but until it happens it's all a guess how it will turn out if it ever comes to happen.
Agreed It's the couch's owner who is responsible for its actions and if their going to be lazy boy and not keep their furniture on a leash then they have to accept the consequences. Look at your history!! A bunch of Turks didn't control their footstools and the next thing you know, the Ottomans ran amok all over the middle east and it took WW I to finally put them into recline.

The problem with dog fights, is that all the ones I have witnessed have been a blur of action.

It might be hard to get a clear shot of the aggressor, and you could kill your own dog. If the aggressor was locked on the throat of the other dog, It might be possible to run up to it and shoot a round into the dirt up close to the aggressors head. The noise might startle the aggressor and get it to let go. If It didn't, then I'd kill it and take the consequences. My dog is a member of my family and a best friend to all of us. He'd do anything for me, and I'd do anything for him. Period.

That one reason I don,t like dog parks. All it takes is one dog that isn't that well socialized with other dogs and something will happen no what. So who's to blame?

When we take our dog for a walk he is a on a leash. If he ever attempted to attack another dog i would take him out of town and dispatch him. If his attack.was sucessful his life would end right there on the spot no mater where it took place.
If he were to be attacked i would imediatly dispatch the attacking dog no matter where or when it took place

When we take our dog for a walk he is a on a leash. If he ever attempted to attack another dog i would take him out of town and dispatch him.

Why? Dogs asserting dominance is natural. Have you seen wolves eat?

When mine starts a tussle I flip him over pin him and yell at him. Only took a couple times for him to figure out that crap don't fly!

:eek:

Heck, if my buddy thought that way, he would have "dispatched" his Rottweiler NO FEWER than 8-10 times a day, for the 10 years he was alive.

We always laughed and joked that his dog had turret syndrome because it would just freak out for no apparent reason that we could see. He knew what he was freaking out on, but we could never figure it out.

He was a GREAT Rottie! (RIP my friend!)

If he ever attempted to attack another dog i would take him out of town and dispatch him. If his attack.was sucessful his life would end right there on the spot no mater where it took place.
If he were to be attacked i would imediatly dispatch the attacking dog no matter where or when it took place

I understand the sentiment, that said it may be best for you to stay away from dog parks...:D

Me too. I used to shoot alot of them growing up. We had feral cats all over the 10 acres. The neighbors started it. Dad hated cats and taught me the same. Then he handed me a .22 and a 500 rd brick.

It was on.

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty......

Now my wife's pregnant and I'm forced to cater to two of them by changing the litter box for her babies every day.

Kitty Karma.
Lol, embrace it bro.

That one reason I don,t like dog parks. All it takes is one dog that isn't that well socialized with other dogs and something will happen no what. So who's to blame?

When we take our dog for a walk he is a on a leash. If he ever attempted to attack another dog i would take him out of town and dispatch him. If his attack.was sucessful his life would end right there on the spot no mater where it took place.
^^^THIS^^^ is just crazy. People like you should probably not have a dog. Should probably not have firearms either until you get some anger management under your lid...

Who's angry? That's funny.

My best friend had a dairy farm. One of his bulls got on up to about three years old and started to not want to come in the barn from the pasture. You would have to chase him in with a tractor. Once he got in the barn he was a pussy cat, you could sit on his back if you wanted to.
He had younger teen age kids working there and they brought the cows in at milking time.
One day one of the kids didn't show up so he went out to let the cows in and the bull hung back so he jumped on the International 424 tractor to chase the bull in. That tractor has a bad carburatorn the float stuck open so the gas would just leak out through the carburator. You had to shut the petcock on the gas line off when done useing it and open it back up when you wanted to use it again.
Well he didn't turn the petcock open when he started the tractor. All was going great until.the little bit of gasin the carburator got used up and the tractor stalled
That bull stopped in it's tracks, turned around and started to beller, snort and suck in a lot of air. It started to charge after him. As soon as the tractor stalled he imediatly turnd the gas supply on and hit the key.
That bull came to a complete stop when that tractor started.
Right after the chores were done he called up the cattle hauler and had him pick up that bull to take to the auction house.
If that was a kid that day he probably would of got scared, choke up.and would of got hurt or killed.
I guess my friend should of took anger management classes and give up farming because he sent that bull to it's death sentence.

My Czech Shepherd was gentle as a lamb around people, kids, babies and puppies. On the other hand, he wanted to dominate every mature dog that crossed his path; his breed is like that. I always had him secured or within eye sight and when out and about he had a short 24" leash and pinch collar. The breeder who supplies these purebred Czech Border Patrol dogs interviewed me first and I had to be educated and agree to take care of the animal correctly. It was not easy, and that is why these are mil/police/security dogs. All that being said, and as much as I loved him, I considered putting him down for his agressive action against other mature dogs. It was a full time job with him.

Actually happened to a friend of mine here in Keizer, Oregon. Was walking his Border Collie through the public park and a truck pulled up in the parking lot. A man go out and then went around to the Club Cab rear door and let out a Pit Bull without a leash. The Pit Bull looked around , spotted my friends' dog and made a B-Line charge. It attacked the Collie, the Pit Bull owner stayed by his truck and did nothing. My friend has a CCL and pulled his little Ruger LCR .38 Special+P, lined up a shot by sticking the muzzle of the LCR in the Pit Bull's ear, making sure his dog was not in the line of fire and dispatched the Pit Bull. The owner jumped into his truck and sped off. My friend called the police, they came, took the report, pretty much patted him on the back, "Good Job," called Animal Control to take away the body, my friend took his dog to the vet to be checked out and that was that.

When I grew up back in Michigan dogs that chase deer or livestock wete killed and there was no discussion. When I was out one time hunting pheasants with an Irish Settet by the name of Red we kicked a white tailed deer across an alfalfa field. The deer took off and my dog followed in close pursuit
I called him and he did not come so when he got about 40-50 yards out i.shot him in the bubblegum. He yelped but he stopped the pursuit of the deer and came back. I never saw him chase another deer and he lived to a ripe old age. I have thought over the years about this and how it could have gone wrong. I got lucky and so did Red. He has been gone a long time and I still miss him.
To absent friends, gone but still remembered!:) Next time, in Valhalla!

Who's angry? That's funny.

My best friend had a dairy farm. One of his bulls got on up to about three years old and started to not want to come in the barn from the pasture. You would have to chase him in with a tractor. Once he got in the barn he was a pussy cat, you could sit on his back if you wanted to.
He had younger teen age kids working there and they brought the cows in at milking time.
One day one of the kids didn't show up so he went out to let the cows in and the bull hung back so he jumped on the International 424 tractor to chase the bull in. That tractor has a bad carburatorn the float stuck open so the gas would just leak out through the carburator. You had to shut the petcock on the gas line off when done useing it and open it back up when you wanted to use it again.
Well he didn't turn the petcock open when he started the tractor. All was going great until.the little bit of gasin the carburator got used up and the tractor stalled
That bull stopped in it's tracks, turned around and started to beller, snort and suck in a lot of air. It started to charge after him. As soon as the tractor stalled he imediatly turnd the gas supply on and hit the key.
That bull came to a complete stop when that tractor started.
Right after the chores were done he called up the cattle hauler and had him pick up that bull to take to the auction house.
If that was a kid that day he probably would of got scared, choke up.and would of got hurt or killed.
I guess my friend should of took anger management classes and give up farming because he sent that bull to it's death sentence.
Ya maybe hey... Seems to be a bit different situation than gunning down a dog anytime anyplace for going after another dog. That's why we control our dogs.. It's a dominance thing for dogs, it's part of their genetic make-up as ulfine critters... I dunno where you live, but in our town, a gunshot would bring several cop-cars, flashing lights and lengthy explanations, possibly before a judge. Not to mention a "cruelty to animals" charge.. Guess if one doesnt differentiate between sending a bull to market and gunning down a dog in a public place, well...:rolleyes: My comment to anger issues stands.

Why? Dogs asserting dominance is natural. Have you seen wolves eat?

When mine starts a tussle I flip him over pin him and yell at him. Only took a couple times for him to figure out that crap don't fly!
Yeah... you see me have to do that to mine last Saturday?

Only happened a couple times at home and no more.

Actually happened to a friend of mine here in Keizer, Oregon. Was walking his Border Collie through the public park and a truck pulled up in the parking lot. A man go out and then went around to the Club Cab rear door and let out a Pit Bull without a leash. The Pit Bull looked around , spotted my friends' dog and made a B-Line charge. It attacked the Collie, the Pit Bull owner stayed by his truck and did nothing. My friend has a CCL and pulled his little Ruger LCR .38 Special+P, lined up a shot by sticking the muzzle of the LCR in the Pit Bull's ear, making sure his dog was not in the line of fire and dispatched the Pit Bull. The owner jumped into his truck and sped off. My friend called the police, they came, took the report, pretty much patted him on the back, "Good Job," called Animal Control to take away the body, my friend took his dog to the vet to be checked out and that was that.

The way it should be. Happy ending to a bullship situation.
That is why there are leash laws.
Do stupid things, win stupid prizes.

The way it should be. Happy ending to a bullship situation.
That is why there are leash laws.
Do stupid things, win stupid prizes.
The pitbull deserved a better owner and that owner did not deserve that dog. May the owner of the pitbull receive his dues. I know of few gifts more valuable to me than the loyalty of a good dog.
I

Last Edited:
The pitbull deserved a better owner and that owner did not deserve that dog. May the owner of the pitbull receive his dues. I know of few gifts more valuable to me than the loyalty of a good dog.
I

My feelings about the old adage, "The world is going to the dogs," is that it's wishful thinking. Had to euthanize my 14.5 year old Black Lab the 31st of January. He was the best dog I ever had and the last dog I'll ever have. Here he was in his prime. 080506007Jake 4.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top