JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen plenty of coyotes in the wild just standing there. would have been an easy shot with my AR but for a pistol would have been tough. There usually about 3-400 feet out when I see them.

Right, when they are out there a way, sometimes they stand still, but when they get close they are usually moving, some times pretty fast.

They have big problem with coyote 's on the island up here where my sister lives stalking people with dogs and killing or attacking dog and cats or anything else but that's what happens when you live on SNOW FLAKE ISLAND 90% of the people out there have no hunting signs the deer and coyotes are all over the place

Someone took the time to make a poster containing every ACME product used (to his regret) by Wile E Coyote. Take your pick. I'm partial to the anvil, but any ACME firearm...

IMG_0058.JPG

Lots of deer means lots of coyote 's they been getting deer also but they will take a dog cat chicken whatever not really Pack's of them coyote 's don't really run in packs maybe 3 or 4 but there are lots of couples 2 running together and having pups and need anything to feed them

I see lots of people posting pictures of there big dogs don't really matter if two or three coyote 's kill your dog you all know how coyote 's feed there pups right they kill something big eat till they can't eat anymore go back to there den throw up the meat and the pups eat it then go back and eat more and do it again and again till the deer or giant dog OR what ever is just bones

I see lots of people posting pictures of there big dogs don't really matter if two or three coyote 's kill your dog you all know how coyote 's feed there pups right they kill something big eat till they can't eat anymore go back to there den throw up the meat and the pups eat it then go back and eat more and do it again and again till the deer or giant dog OR what ever is just bones

Yup. Old African proverb: "even the mighty Lion can be felled by a pack of hyenas" (or something like that).

I was duck hunting a Year ago or something like that and the fish and game police man lol the game warden was checking my gear and license and he ask me if I had seen any coyote 's I told him I saw one the year before he told me if I see any do whatever I could to kill them having problems around that area

I took my bow and arrow put to my sister 's house because she saw coyote 's in her yard a few times but like the guy said they don't show up when you're looking for them I even went and stayed the night out there for 2 day's never saw one lol what you going to do keep trying

Coyotes and stray dogs are always an issue where I walk in the PDX metro area. I CC but I also carry my tacticool flashlight that has a built in stun gun. It cracks so loud when you trigger it that it even startles people. It has chased off multiple dogs, coyotes, people and even a black bear once when I was camping. Won't work on anything rabid. But there hasn't been too much worry for rabies in Oregon for years.

As for discharge of a firearm in city limits. If you are afraid for your life and there is reasonable evidence provided (eg a carcass) then you should be fine with the police. Always check your shots by looking beyond your target (obvious to some). And like someone said earlier in this string. Always be sure to articulate the fact that you were in fear for your life. You need to say it multiple times and make sure they get it.

There are certain things you need to repeat to them just like there are things you never tell them. Like if you shoot someone who broke into your house. You were afraid for your life. And you never gave an ultimatum to the perpetrator. Ultimatums will get you premeditated murder charges in Oregon.

Coyotes and stray dogs are always an issue where I walk in the PDX metro area. I CC but I also carry my tacticool flashlight that has a built in stun gun. It cracks so loud when you trigger it that it even startles people. It has chased off multiple dogs, coyotes, people and even a black bear once when I was camping. Won't work on anything rabid. But there hasn't been too much worry for rabies in Oregon for years.

As for discharge of a firearm in city limits. If you are afraid for your life and there is reasonable evidence provided (eg a carcass) then you should be fine with the police. Always check your shots by looking beyond your target (obvious to some). And like someone said earlier in this string. Always be sure to articulate the fact that you were in fear for your life. You need to say it multiple times and make sure they get it.

There are certain things you need to repeat to them just like there are things you never tell them. Like if you shoot someone who broke into your house. You were afraid for your life. And you never gave an ultimatum to the perpetrator. Ultimatums will get you premeditated murder charges in Oregon.
All you say is I thought HE OR SHE OR IT was going to kill me plea the 5th and ask for you lawyer that's it nothing more except when my lawyer gets here I'll talk to you

My 3 akbash are constantly hunting and killing coyotes here at the ranch.....I am doubghtful that most Portlandias can identify a coyote from a collie mix.......and would worry about being charged for firearms discharge in the city.......maby a ball bat?

You worry about coyotes?
Just be glad it's not wolverines.

GET IT OFF ME! OH LORD PLEASE GET IT OFF ME!!!!!!! :D

The fun starts 50 seconds in.

You know what is amazing is if the deer just took off running it would be over but it chose to fight hmmmm when I go down south to south Carolina we fish at this pond that has gators in it but the guy who lives there has cats I asked him if the gator 's ever get his cats he said nope but they get dog's all the time because the dogs will walk right up to the gator laying on the bank to smell it but the cats stay away mmmmm who's stupid now lol

Guy I knew in high school was out looking for deer one day and sees something... "Hey, a coyote!" BOOM. Square in the chest, thing goes flying. A few minutes later he's confronted by a large and VERY angry individual: "YOU SHOT MY DOG YOU STUPID SON OF A bubblegum!" Felt terrible, but you can't take back a .308 bullet.

Point is, be careful that you know what you're shooting at.

Could you TAZR a coyote?

I grew up on a farm out in Helvetia and and one night we heard a ruckus outside. We had a springer spaniel chained in the yard and it was chasing a coyote out into the dark until the chain got tight and then the coyote would chase the dog back in. About the 4th time they came back in my dad was waiting there with a sawed off model 12:p. That worked...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top