JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is sad. A LH upper is a joy comparatively to fire. I shoot Lefty exclusively with rifles. I use right handed ones when I have to.

Nah. I've been shooting since I was 8 and never have had any desire to get into left handed firearms. I can't remember the last time I took brass to the face or otherwise. Shoot I don't even switch the mag catches on my Glocks.

I'm ambidextrous and have left and right-hand rifles and handguns.

In the Army, being a nossifer meant that I only qualified once a year on the L85A2, and the hardest bit of that was shooting with a respirator on. No big deal anyhow, my bit of the Army could qualify on anything we had in the armoury, and often did just for fun.

Once a week :)

Nah. I've been shooting since I was 8 and never have had any desire to get into left handed firearms. I can't remember the last time I took brass to the face or otherwise. Shoot I don't even switch the mag catches on my Glocks.
I have several scars from brass that seared the skin on the forearm. I prefer not worrying about that.

Did qualifying on the L85 mean firing one round and saying "It's broken!" ? :)

All of the Brits I served alongside overseas hated their L85's and Land Rovers. We offered to trade them our crappy underpowered up armored humvees.

Did qualifying on the L85 mean firing one round and saying "It's broken!" ? :)

All of the Brits I served alongside overseas hated their L85's and Land Rovers. We offered to trade them our crappy underpowered up armored humvees.

The orginal L85A1 was, as you note, a POS. but the upgrades and makeovers have made the A3 and A4 into a very decent piece of kit.

As for your second comment, well, American generosity to its Brothers-in-Arms, who fought beside you, bled beside you and often were wounded and died with you, is too well-known for me to be able to add to.

The Brits were good people to deploy with. I think I still have some scars from playing soccer with them on various dirt and rock playing "fields." While they drank whiskey that they smuggled into country in shampoo bottles.

Those of us who play or, in my case, played rugby, call soccer a 'game fit for girlies'. It CAN be rough, but only in a hooliganic manner, but rugby, although seeming to be a game of extreme violence, is a gentleman's game, and after the match is over, we all shake hands and mean it, unlike soccer, where the fans do their level best to kill each other.

Last Edited:
I'm in the middle of convincing myself to buy more premium "fighting" rifle and at the same time, a bullpup. Here's the problem: I'm left handed and every video I see, they're all shot.... wait for it.... from the right side, like 90%of the population would also do. No surprise. The concern is eating a mouthful of hot brass every time I shoot as it almost looks like the ejection port would be covered by their jaw. I the model that really catches my eye is the X95, in ODG ideally. I've thought about getting a kel-tec RDB because the ejection port would be a non issue but I don't want to spend 4 figures or so for a gun held together by general store hardware so that's probably not gonna go in my safe. Does anyone have much experience shooting bullpups from the left side? Is brass-to-mouth a problem? Are there good ways to remedy this? Am i just wasting my time on a rifle not made for my people? Not terribly interested in the $500 premium for a left hand specific model on the X95. Thoughts and comments welcome

Lefty here. Being wrong handed in a right handed world comes at a premium. I am also a huge bullpup fan, and think for home defense, they are ideal. FYI that the X95 can be purchased specifically left handed already set up, so no cost premium, just harder to find. I personally went the expensive route, and bought a right handed one, then sent it to IWI and had them headspace and send it back to me set up for left handed. Now i can change it out at will with a couple of minutes work. Having said that, if I had to do it all over again, I actually would probably look very hard at the Tavor 7- the newer 308 version. This version can be changed out from right hand to left hand in minutes, is designed to do that with no tools or extra work or extra parts to buy.

Others have recommended, as would I, the AUG. I love mine, just make sure you buy the correct version, as the 'nato' version which takes regular AR mags cant be converted to left hand, only the proprietary AUG mag version can. All you need to do is buy a LH bolt, and the switch Over is very easy.

I also have a Kel Tec RDB- the survival model. People very much overlook these, but the downward ejection is AWESOME! Of course you could again step up to 308 with the RFB version.

One other bullpup you might want to look at, is the FN PS90. Out of all my bullpups, this one is by far my favorite!! Yes it runs a unique caliber, but with ammo prices as they are, everything is expensive to shoot now. 50 rounds on tap in a truly compact, ergonomic and 100% ambi setup, is pretty awesome.

I ended up finding an X95 in black with a 16.5" barrel for nearly pre-panic prices. Was over $200 cheaper than the next so I jumped on it. Maybe I'll get to shoot it by the end of January :rolleyes:. I'm pretty excited to give this bullpup a try

That last Rouge bull pup kit for the M14 that I sold off was modified by the new left handed owner.

98C6BD6A-3652-4AD0-A695-698C96473D76_zps34rju1ce.jpg~original (3).jpg 26809C3B-046B-41E9-B1FC-0AD327D10B34_zpsg44tbocl.jpg~original.jpg

I got to shoot a Tavor in left handed configuration. Im a righty. I got a brass burn on my tongue. I dont envy you lefties. Firearms world is not friendly to you.

I got to shoot a Tavor in left handed configuration. Im a righty. I got a brass burn on my tongue. I dont envy you lefties. Firearms world is not friendly to you.
Were you blowing raspberries at the target when this happened? Don't think I've ever had my tongue outside my mouth while shooting

Were you blowing raspberries at the target when this happened? Don't think I've ever had my tongue outside my mouth while shooting
I had brass in my mouth! It went in, burned my tongue and went right back in the gun and jammed things up. Not sure why I had my mouth open but I was apparently catching files....and brass!

I'm in the middle of convincing myself to buy more premium "fighting" rifle and at the same time, a bullpup. Here's the problem: I'm left handed and every video I see, they're all shot.... wait for it.... from the right side, like 90%of the population would also do. No surprise. The concern is eating a mouthful of hot brass every time I shoot as it almost looks like the ejection port would be covered by their jaw. I the model that really catches my eye is the X95, in ODG ideally. I've thought about getting a kel-tec RDB because the ejection port would be a non issue but I don't want to spend 4 figures or so for a gun held together by general store hardware so that's probably not gonna go in my safe. Does anyone have much experience shooting bullpups from the left side? Is brass-to-mouth a problem? Are there good ways to remedy this? Am i just wasting my time on a rifle not made for my people? Not terribly interested in the $500 premium for a left hand specific model on the X95. Thoughts and comments welcome
There are many youtube videos by Ian and also in-range dealing with this exact issue, including lots of discussion on specific bullpup models in terms of how left-handed friendly they are. I think everything you would want to know is in those.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top