JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How the city isn't being sued into oblivion is beyond me.

That good ol' court case (Warren v. District of Columbia) established that police have no duty to protect and it's what the city will rest their lazy butts on.

Still, with all the hurdles they're throwing into the paths of citizens for obtaining the means to protect themselves...I'm wondering if we will eventually see a case rise up that challenges Warren v. DoC based on the circumstance of the state limiting one's right to self defense (i.e. If you don't let me protect myself, and you don't protect me, then you are ultimately at fault for neither protecting me nor allowing me to protect myself).

My suggestion is to make a new group or bolster an existing group and call it "Enough is Enough" or "take back Seattle from the criminals" or some such name and focus it on one item only, getting the criminals of the street. Not on their knives or any other tools they may have on them, but busting them and putting them away.

It would need to be aggressive to get $ behind it or it won't work. If it is diverted or distracted to anythjng else than one specific goal, it won't work. If it doesn't have strong leadership, it won't work.

Perhaps it's too big of a hill to climb in Seattle I don't know. Are the number of people who see the reality (such as shown so clearly by these convicted felons who just continue to do harm) so outnumbered by those who think they just need a second (or 45th, as the case may be) chance?

"Both suspects had warrants out for their arrest prior to the shooting. One of the men has been arrested at least 44 times and has at least 20 criminal convictions. The other man has at least 15 convictions and 21 arrests."

You can't make this up!

Not only that they both had prier felonies involving guns.

At what point do we draw the line? Yea our criminal justice system needs reform and yea, we could do more to help those coming out of jail to not recidivate...but even with the system we have now...these guys didn't get the hint after 21+ arrests and 15+ convictions?

Sorry kids, you've shown through your actions that you have no will to walk the straight and narrow. I'll donate some cash to get them a 1-way trip to an uninhabited Pacific Island...something like the Cocos. It's not too far from land, so the boat passage is fast, and it's got shark infested waters. :eek:

Can't play by the rules of our society? Okay, then leave.

People used to be hung for a lot of things that today people don't really get that much in trouble for for example stealing a horse was a hangable offense and there is very little difference between a horse in the past in a car today.

In terms of economics only, if a person counted up all the costs associated with arresting these poeple, running them through the courts, minimal jail time, then releasing and doing it all over again some 60+ times, I wonder how much that costs compared to incarceration over the same time period. Lawyers and courts are expensive.

And that is not looking at any of the cost to society or to the victims. The current system simply does not make any sort of sense economically or for society in general.

Recycling is good. But recycling criminals so they can be a continued drain on overstretched police, courts, and tax dollars makes no sense. And that is nothing compared to the cost to our communities.

In terms of economics only, if a person counted up all the costs associated with arresting these poeple, running them through the courts, minimal jail time, then releasing and doing it all over again some 60+ times, I wonder how much that costs compared to incarceration over the same time period. Lawyers and courts are expensive.

And that is not looking at any of the cost to society or to the victims. The current system simply does not make any sort of sense economically or for society in general.

Recycling is good. But recycling criminals so they can be a continued drain on overstretched police, courts, and tax dollars makes no sense. And that is nothing compared to the cost to our communities.

China figured it out, it's only about .25c and they bill the family...

So, what you're saying is, criminals aren't recyclable. We should take them out to the trash and throw 'em in the dump?

:eek:

People used to be hung for a lot of things that today people don't really get that much in trouble for for example stealing a horse was a hangable offense and there is very little difference between a horse in the past in a car today.

Hung, pilloried, publicly shamed, etc. The 8th Amendment has been around for a good little while but I wonder when it became such that most crimes had monetary fees or jail time alone to consider the debt to society paid.

That's a phrase that I can't help but poke at: society pays a lot to jail a criminal. Do they accomplish anything in jail that would repay that debt, let alone some debt due the crime? I'd figure that the large majority of felons who return to normal society fail to ever pay enough in taxes to repay what it cost to house them, let alone the ones that recidivate.

There's got to be a better way to handle criminal justice...

I love how the news says 2 suspects are at large
Great description
I mean white, black or brown? male or female?
Earthling or alien?
Great reporting.:rolleyes:
Yep both suspects were black..... both had triggers, one was 9 and the other was 45 :rolleyes:

They want to take away guns from law abiding citizens, but do NOTHING about known criminals...

"Two men identified by police in Seattle, Washington as suspects in a wild shooting incident that resulted in one death and seven other people being injured reportedly have more than 60 arrests and 35 convictions between them, yet they were packing guns and trading shots; a situation one gun rights leader calls "outrageous."

"Instead of complaining about guns on the street, why aren't officials in Seattle and Olympia working to keep people like these two suspects off the street," demanded Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms."

They want to take away guns from law abiding citizens, but do NOTHING about known criminals...

"Two men identified by police in Seattle, Washington as suspects in a wild shooting incident that resulted in one death and seven other people being injured reportedly have more than 60 arrests and 35 convictions between them, yet they were packing guns and trading shots; a situation one gun rights leader calls "outrageous."

"Instead of complaining about guns on the street, why aren't officials in Seattle and Olympia working to keep people like these two suspects off the street," demanded Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms."
I hope he had a mic in his hand and dropped it after saying that.

"Both suspects had warrants out for their arrest prior to the shooting. One of the men has been arrested at least 44 times and has at least 20 criminal convictions. The other man has at least 15 convictions and 21 arrests."

You can't make this up!

I have an idea.......How about we PUNISH CRIMINALS!!!!
44 arrests?!
Obviously more laws won't deter people like this.

I have an idea.......How about we PUNISH CRIMINALS!!!!
44 arrests?!
Obviously more laws won't deter people like this.
If we punished criminals then how would we ever get more shootings like this to help fuel the gun grabbing campaign? They have to sit back and let some of it happen to push the notion that we need more government to stabilize society.

They both should have been incarcerated, do to their priors. Area businesses have been asking for more Police presence for years. This has nothing to do with the present "New Rules" push. However, It will be "Molded" to help their agenda.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top