JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is pretty much a no brainer in my opinion. If someone is menacing you, pulls a knife and advances toward you. That person should get perforated to stop that threat. The law doesn't say "you have to sustain potentially life ending slash or stab wounds before defending yourself."

I would hope if my wife were in a situation where a crazed person with a knife was threatening her that she doesn't hesitate to defend herself.

IMHO this nut job is lucky a bystander didn't shoot him. Not positive about Oregon laws however here if someone were threatening my loved one and I believed my loved ones life was in imminent danger I would be justified in ending the threat permanently. :s0003:

IMHO this nut job is lucky a bystander didn't shoot him. Not positive about Oregon laws however here if someone were threatening my loved one and I believed my loved ones life was in imminent danger I would be justified in ending the threat permanently. :s0003:
Oregon laws are like Washington laws. If you're in a big city and do not meet certain political criteria, you are not permitted to shoot anyone in self defense. It's case law. :rolleyes:

So is this the guy, it cant be the same hump who pulled the knife...

Yup, same guy. Looks like he pulled his Facebook page, but I looked at it before he did. Lots of photos of him in the military, and newer photos where he looks pretty out there. In his commentary on his page he said he was for "sensible gun laws" and spoke about needing to keep weapons out of the hands of the mentally ill. Didn't know he was talking about himself.

Yup, same guy. Looks like he pulled his Facebook page, but I looked at it before he did. Lots of photos of him in the military, and newer photos where he looks pretty out there. In his commentary on his page he said he was for "sensible gun laws" and spoke about needing to keep weapons out of the hands of the mentally ill. Didn't know he was talking about himself.

I wonder it he was the one mentioned by Reverend Knutter in his Lift Every Voice / Confiscate Every Gun movement?

If he is a corrections officer Oregon DOC will get involved and he will face discipline likely up to termination. A fate well earned for going TDS. I'd think that the Washington County Dems would also ditch him. Sad that he wears a cap with the emblem of my former unit ('68-'71, RVN '69-'70); born in '67 earliest he would have been in is '75 if he's actually a former airborne soldier.

IIRC the law in Oregon prohibits the use of deadly force with three exceptions. #3 is when a person is: 3). Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person. [1971 c.743 §23]

However, you don't dare anyplace in Portland, Salem, Eugene...

Typical of his ilk.

Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person. [1971 c.743 §23]
And here's the thing with what he did. No one is a psychic and can tell ahead of time what his intentions were! If he'd have gotten himself properly ventilated for approaching someone with a knife like that, with all the video, I would hope shooter would be off with due justification.

And here's the thing with what he did. No one is a psychic and can tell ahead of time what his intentions were! If he'd have gotten himself properly ventilated for approaching someone with a knife like that, with all the video, I would hope shooter would be off with due justification.

You never know.... even LEOs are getting shafted for what seem to me to be justified shoots. So, the decision to intervene on behalf of another is a serious undertaking. The board has discussed it before, and the reactions were pretty mixed on whether to or not to...

You never know.... even LEOs are getting shafted for what seem to me to be justified shoots. So, the decision to intervene on behalf of another is a serious undertaking. The board has discussed it before, and the reactions were pretty mixed on whether to or not to...
I hear ya! It's sad that a decision to possibly save a human life has come down to fear of a choice! Even worse is when ones fellow man is afraid to get behind them if the situation was clearly in the good!:mad:

I hear ya! It's sad that a decision to possibly save a human life has come down to fear of a choice! Even worse is when ones fellow man is afraid to get behind them if the situation was clearly in the good!:mad:

I've mentioned it before, I was a lifeguard and a SAR Aircrewman... I'm wired as a rescuer, I'd have to force myself to resist the inclination to save a life!!! :(

So glad I live in an area where I'm not very likely to have to decide to use or not to use deadly force to protect somebody not in my family.

If he is a corrections officer Oregon DOC will get involved and he will face discipline likely up to termination. A fate well earned for going TDS. I'd think that the Washington County Dems would also ditch him. Sad that he wears a cap with the emblem of my former unit ('68-'71, RVN '69-'70); born in '67 earliest he would have been in is '75 if he's actually a former airborne soldier.
I highly doubt he will be terminated (nice idea however) due to his actions, fired quite possible and appropriate. :s0012:

If you care to take a peek into his mind...

And don't forget he portrays himself as a weapons expert, and even wrote a book about writing about weapons in stories.

Clayton J Callahan gun.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads