JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want to accuse me of spouting urban myths or misconception, then back it up with some facts, otherwise you're attacking me, and not the argument. And where am I getting emotional? I'm not calling you any names, but I am challenging your position, because I think you're wrong.

Keep the personal stuff to yourself as it comes close to violating rule #1 on this forum.

Sorry,etrain16, please review my posts as cites were provided to the urban myth you brought up...police are there to protect. case law was cited.

And as stated, sorry etrain that your sensibilities are upset...but your commentary about my understanding of a police state could be construed as what? a personal attack on my integrity? Further your threat regarding this individual only posting what you wish to hear or what you perceive is considered personal attacks when you are challenged or not meeting your perspective of reality is duly noted.

Remember, law enforcement do not have to judicially answer to their indiscretions, as previously stated they have qualified immunity unless their incident is egregious.

Right or wrong.....I still find it disturbing that:

1) Someone was adding/linking my WA CCW info. via a lic. plate inquiry (or a DL inquiry). Humm....the PD (or Govt) thinks that CCW is important "officer safety" information.
2) Important.....because, having a CCW = Evil Person?
3) My son has my driven car. Does that mean that cops assume that I'm driving....until proven otherwise?
4) When will the PD (or Govt) add other seemingly important information to a simple lic. plate check? Information such as.....
  • That I've been run through the state's BGC system.
  • My business lic./occupation info.
  • That I'm an NRA member. Or the member of any other organization.
  • That I subscribe to certain magazines.
  • That I do internet searches for _________.
  • That I vote and maybe even how I vote.
Mind you that, I'm NOT saying, that the CCW files shouldn't be accessed separately.

My objection is about the automatic linking of information. I see it as opening the door to possible misuse and/or that even more information can/will be added. Hummmm....under the excuse of the Govt's legitimate interest...."Officer Safety." Rrrrright.

LOL...... You have nothing to fear IF you're not doing anything illegal.

Aloha, Mark

mark, handgunlaw states:
Maryland has a unit called, "Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center." They have license plate reader cameras around the state that read license plates of vehicles. Some are connected to Criminal Background Check programs and Permit/License Holder lists from the different states that will supply them with that information. Do use caution when even driving through Maryland. They can know if you have a firearms permit/license without even stopping you. http://handgunlaw.us/states/maryland.pdf

one state's news media pulled the state's CHP data w/citizen's name and address, put it in a database and publicly put citizen's addresses and put the information on their website for the ostentatious reason to allow your neighbours to see who in their community have a CC permit/license! (NC and WRAL)

as for citizens doing illegal activities:
2011 Decriminalize the Average Man | Wendy McElroy
In his book Three Felonies a Day, civil-liberties lawyer Harvey Silverglate estimates that the average person unknowingly breaks at least three federal criminal laws every day. This toll does not count an avalanche of other laws — for example misdemeanors or civil violations such as disobeying a civil contempt order — all of which confront average people at every turn.

2015 https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/03/29/crime-law-criminal-unfair-column/70630978/
Ignorance of the law, we are often told, is no excuse. "Every man is presumed to know the law," says a long-established legal aphorism. And if you are charged with a crime, you would be well advised to rely on some other defense than "I had no idea that was illegal."

That is why Michael Cottone, in a just-published Tennessee Law Review article, suggests that maybe the old presumption that individuals know the law is outdated, unfair and maybe even unconstitutional. "Tellingly," he writes, "no exact count of the number of federal statutes that impose criminal sanctions has ever been given, but estimates from the last 15 years range from 3,600 to approximately 4,500." Meanwhile, according to recent congressional testimony, the number of federal regulations (enacted by administrative agencies under loose authority from Congress) carrying criminal penalties may be as many as 300,000.

Of course, we may hope that prosecutorial (sic) discretion will save us: Just explain to the nice prosecutor that we meant no harm, and violated the law by accident, and he or she will drop the charges and tell us to be more careful next time. And sometimes things work that way. But other times, the prosecutors are out to get you for your politics, your ethnicity, or just in order to fulfill a quota, in which case you will hear that the law is the law, and that ignorance is no excuse. (Amusingly, government officials who break the law do get to plead ignorance and good intentions, under the doctrine of good faith "qualified immunity."

No knocks raids are entirely different than encountering police in the public walkways. A no knock raid would result in many police being shot even by the most law abiding person because they have no method of knowing if they are defending themselves from criminal attackers or not.

Emotionally charged is a matter of opinion, police survived this encounter where someone made an attempt to kill them. It appears you are upset about that. Rendering aid to someone who just tried to kill you while they are still in control of the gun.... not something that any reasonable person would believe to be a good choice to outlive the day. Opinions, vary. I am ok with us not agreeing.

American123, use your firearm in a SD situation, wound the perb and fail to render aid is suitably trained in emergency care like law enforcement is or you fail to call for aid, please have your lawyer post a note to let us know how well that worked out!

Added: read the FL investigation's report since from all indications the individual was pushing for suicide by law enforcement and they couldn't get it done!

Last Edited:
I'm not sure on which planet one could think that it's okay to pull a gun on a cop and not expect serious consequences.

The shooting was completely justified. Also, IMO, the cops only mistake was to draw his taser after already having the perp at gunpoint.

After a more careful review with sound on, I did see the officer on the far right fire one shot long after the shooting began. I could see this only because his shell casing can be seen flying through the air. But there's only one in all those shots fired that comes from his gun. At the same time a bullet impact appears in the glass door to the left of the suspect and possibly ricochets at the perfect angle to hit the officer on the far left. Both of the backup officers appear to be pretty useless.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top