JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The list of captured equipment is what we gave Afghanistan over 20 years, what percentage of that is still functional? There is plenty of footage already of taliban inspecting mulitple Blackhawks with lots of missing parts and damage.
Sooooo, we gave a working Blackhawk to fly over Kabul with a dead body hanging from it over 20 years ago? Please back up this statement with some facts and links.

Sooooo, we gave a working Blackhawk to fly over Kabul with a dead body hanging from it over 20 years ago? Please back up this statement with some facts and links.
Unlikely, the blackhawks in various states of disrepair are probably the 20 year old choppers. I guess you missed the point, if we gave them 60 blackhawks over a period of 20 years, how many are still airworthy? We werer trying to supply them with Mi17, 18 russian choppers until they annexed crimea and invaded Ukraine. The Afghans are more familiar with those plus they are more compatible with third world maintenance programs

Last Edited:
Unlikely, the blackhawks in various states of disrepair are probably the 20 year old choppers. I guess you missed the point, if we gave them 60 blackhawks over a period of 20 years, how many are still airworthy? We werer trying to supply them with Mi17, 18 russian choppers until they annexed crimea and invaded Ukraine. The Afghans are more familiar with those plus the are more compatible with third world maintenance programs
you missed my post above with vids to prove "my" point.

There are a number of reasonably respected periodicals that have posted lists of all the stuff we gave the taliban... i dont think theres much room for dispute. Maybe the exact figures will be in contention, but who cares? We know for a fact that we spent well over $81 billion on the war and $30-35 billion on equipment that is either now functional and in the hands of the taliban, non-functional and in the hands of the taliban, or destroyed by US or ANG forces as they retreated in the face of taliban advance, and in the hands of the taliban. We can argue pointlessly over how much they can actually make use of... why? Its a LOT, whatever it is.

and as to whether or not they can maintain and fly aircraft theyve seized - um, yea, they can - because we trained their pilots and mechanics to fly and maintain them. Im sure SOME of the ANG fled, but im also 100% positive most happily embraced the taliban - "look! I have a blackhawk for you, and the stupid imperialist infidel occupiers even taught me how to fly it!!"

There are a number of reasonably respected periodicals that have posted lists of all the stuff we gave the taliban... i dont think theres much room for dispute.

We didn't "give" anything to Talley, he took it.

Maybe the exact figures will be in contention, but who cares? We know for a fact that we spent well over $81 billion on the war and $30-35 billion on equipment that is either now functional and in the hands of the taliban, non-functional and in the hands of the taliban, or destroyed by US or ANG forces as they retreated in the face of taliban advance, and in the hands of the taliban. We can argue pointlessly over how much they can actually make use of... why? Its a LOT, whatever it is.

Can't argue with that.
and as to whether or not they can maintain and fly aircraft theyve seized - um, yea, they can - because we trained their pilots and mechanics to fly and maintain them. Im sure SOME of the ANG fled, but im also 100% positive most happily embraced the taliban - "look! I have a blackhawk for you, and the stupid imperialist infidel occupiers even taught me how to fly it!!"
I just read former General Petraeus' comments on the recent events in Afghanistan.
Petraeus as you may know, was the best general we ever had in Afghanistan.
He said that much of the maintenance was done by our civilian contractors.

He said what sealed the fate/collapse of the ANA was when the contractors pulled out and when our close air support for the ANA units was withdrawn.

There are a number of reasonably respected periodicals that have posted lists of all the stuff we gave the taliban... i dont think theres much room for dispute. Maybe the exact figures will be in contention, but who cares? We know for a fact that we spent well over $81 billion on the war and $30-35 billion on equipment that is either now functional and in the hands of the taliban, non-functional and in the hands of the taliban, or destroyed by US or ANG forces as they retreated in the face of taliban advance, and in the hands of the taliban. We can argue pointlessly over how much they can actually make use of... why? Its a LOT, whatever it is.

Im not sure where all you guys are getting your number's from, go read the 180 page GAO report on our time in the Stan/Iraq. We spent at a min 6.4 TRILLION dollars.. that a big Fing T ..with a trillion. Never mind the amount of gear we left over there or the stuff that the ANA basically threw away, its the cost of all the KIA and wounded. Its going to cost US/VA/American taxpayers billions of dollars a year to provide long term heath and mental care for our boys.Stop fighting with each other, they are the enemy this is what the libdouches want, for us to fight with ourselves, If we are not careful, we will wake up early on Monday morning with the commies kicking in our doors, and marching us all off to the re education camps..

1630526398167.png

trying to save face with misinformation, propoganda..........
Just because it doesn't fit your narrative does not mean it is misinformation.

As mentioned, most of the equipment the Taliban got was not given by us to the Taliban, it was given to the Afghan army who surrendered it to the Taliban. That was expected, regardless of who was in the White House.

At least some of the equipment our military left behind was disabled. This is SOP for our military. Especially the avionics/etc.

The Taliban will still be able to use the equipment we left behind for spare parts at least, and they might be able to assemble some working machinery from those parts. Since I wasn't there I can't know, and neither can you (I assume you were not there during the evac).

Just because it doesn't fit your narrative does not mean it is misinformation.

As mentioned, most of the equipment the Taliban got was not given by us to the Taliban, it was given to the Afghan army who surrendered it to the Taliban. That was expected, regardless of who was in the White House.

At least some of the equipment our military left behind was disabled. This is SOP for our military. Especially the avionics/etc.

The Taliban will still be able to use the equipment we left behind for spare parts at least, and they might be able to assemble some working machinery from those parts. Since I wasn't there I can't know, and neither can you (I assume you were not there during the evac).
It's not "MY" narritive. It is what I see being reported. Plain and simple.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top