JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We can not predict what evil will do, when, or where..if someone wants to cause mayhem they will..either with a gun or with a blade. All we can do is be prepared for anything. I hope to see armed personnel in our schools very soon. Not cops, but soldiers with AR15's. I don't care how unlikely it is that someone will strike. I want every child protected. More so than the president. Its a new world folks. Long live the Republic.

First the US Military doesn't carry AR15s the standard issue weapon is the M4. Second having lived through 9/11 and seen for the first time in my life US soldiers equipped with rifles inside PDX I'd really rather not see armed US soldiers in the schools.

Boy, thats jumping to a LOT of conclusions!

I think that is what I thought about your post and is why I went huh It was pure speculation so much so I saw it as making no sense at all. Two things I saw was lack of fact and 100% pure guessing in the OP.
I think allot of people are jumping to conclusions, including the OP.

Another one for the ignore list.

Where did these guys come from?
So many new members on here trying to pick fights
Of course all y'all that frequent L&P seem to like that

... Also, I would have to disagree with you on the home school issue, in my experience, I've found some of the people I've known that were home schooled, it took them longer in life to adapt to life socially and in some cases got to college and didn't last long because they didn't have mom and dad watching their every move. You typically learn more in the hallways and practice fields during high school than you do in the classroom. Just my experience so I am not saying that is every case.

Sounds a little like me, I think I took a little longer in life to adapt socially, flunked out of academic college, then found my way in a technical school and then as a USAF technician. But I was public schooled in the classroom, hallways, and practice fields. However, the only knowledge I learned in the hallways lead to moral decay.

Funny how some think that making a statement on controversial subjects, and standing on certain moral standards is the equivalent of "hate". Or posing a statement designed to make a point, inspire discussion, or make you think, is condemned because the OP does not have all the same "qualifications" as those in opposition. Or the OP is accused of wanting to pick a fight.
Too much presumption.
As for the starting thread, what is inaccurate about the statement? Most public schools ARE "gun free zones". Most public schools DO teach/ support the things I mentioned. However, I am sure there are home schools that do as well, not all home schoolers are of a "conservative" nature.

There are approx 98,817 public schools not including the provate schools in the USA

How many school shootings do you know about over a span of how many decades?

Please get a grip or find some thicker tin foil.

Your kid (if you had a kid) is more likely to be killed on the school bus or standing or walking around a school bus then killed in school by a person with a firearm.

Yawn....

My wife and I have volunteered in our son's school, and we have not seen anything like what you described.......and I'll start listening to your advice when you know what it's like to be a parent.

From a parent to you.

Just because a person is not a parent doesn't mean that they have nothing worthy to say. Have you ever been corrected or convicted by a child for doing or saying something you know you should not have said or done? Would you ignore the child just because they are not an adult or a parent?

Go to a dentist and let him/her try to extract one of your teeth with out first giving you some pain medicine. Should you just shut up and not say anything just because you are not a dentist?

"and I'll start listening to your advice when you know what it's like to be a dentist."

From a parent to you.

Just because a person is not a parent doesn't mean that they have nothing worthy to say. Have you ever been corrected or convicted by a child for doing or saying something you know you should not have said or done? Would you ignore the child just because they are not an adult or a parent?

Go to a dentist and let him/her try to extract one of your teeth with out first giving you some pain medicine. Should you just shut up and not say anything just because you are not a dentist?

"and I'll start listening to your advice when you know what it's like to be a dentist."

So, you're saying I should listen to this so-called expert tell me I should home-school my kids instead of the excellent school my son now attends? I used to work as a Parole & Probation Officer, in a unit that supervised felons with DHS cases. Listening to DHS social workers who never had kids lecture parents about discipline and parenting was like having a 15 year old Call of Duty player tell a Marine rifleman how to engage the enemy.....but you seem to be too much of a dumbass to grasp that concept, by your "dentist" analogy, as if that's ever an issue.

I blows my mind to think of all the NWF members talk about how stupid, ineffective, and even dangerous "Gun Free Zone's" are. Do you let your kids go to the mall alone? The library? And yet every day, you will lead your defenseless children into them, and leave them there, while they are (conveniently) programmed by the Govt on:
What behavior is socially acceptable.
Why it is completely normal to have two dads, or two moms.
Why the Bill of Rights has no merit.
That guns are evil.
That Obama is a god.
Ignoring what your parents say about sex, and put your daughters on birth control without your consent.
Drug your children because they learn to fast.
Etc, etc.

By the way, can you provide us with some links to back up your claims, or are we just supposed to take your word that my son's school teaches him that "Obama is a god", etc....and by the way, in "Drug your children because they learn to fast." It's spelled "too" not "to", but I guess you'd know better than we who have been teachers, right? ;)

So, you're saying I should listen to this so-called expert tell me I should home-school my kids instead of the excellent school my son now attends? I used to work as a Parole & Probation Officer, in a unit that supervised felons with DHS cases. Listening to DHS social workers who never had kids lecture parents about discipline and parenting was like having a 15 year old Call of Duty player tell a Marine rifleman how to engage the enemy.....but you seem to be too much of a dumbass to grasp that concept, by your "dentist" analogy, as if that's ever an issue.

Sorry you could not grasp the dentist analogy. Should I try something a bit easier? How about this.

You have a car that seems to pull to the right when you are driving it down the highway. You take it to a mechanic. After the mechanic looks your car over he tells you that he must replace all of your tires and rims to fix your problem. So do you question his diagnosis or do you just do as the mechanic said because you are not a mechanic? Maybe its just a front end problem. What if he said you need to replace your steering wheel also because it seems to be a little bent? He is the mechanic....how possibly could one ever question him by them not being a mechanic?

Listening to DHS social workers who never had kids lecture parents about discipline and parenting was like having a 15 year old Call of Duty player tell a Marine rifleman how to engage the enemy.

I didn't say one should listen to everything one hears. I could imagine though that some non-parent DHS social workers could still see the deference between a bad parent and a good parent. Sometimes its pretty obvious to tell. I guess I am a dumbass for thinking that's a possibility.

Sorry you could not grasp the dentist analogy. Should I try something a bit easier? How about this.

You have a car that seems to pull to the right when you are driving it down the highway. You take it to a mechanic. After the mechanic looks your car over he tells you that he must replace all of your tires and rims to fix your problem. So do you question his diagnosis or do you just do as the mechanic said because you are not a mechanic? Maybe its just a front end problem. What if he said you need to replace your steering wheel also because it seems to be a little bent? He is the mechanic....how possibly could one ever question him by them not being a mechanic?

Ah...but here's the difference: If an incompetent mechanic wants to do work on my vehicle, I have the right to go elsewhere, because it's my vehicle.....or if you want to use your dumb dentist analogy, it's my mouth...in the case of someone telling parents to pull their kids out of school because they supposedly teach the kids that "Obama is a god", they probably ought to mind their own business and leave those decisions for the parents to decide.

.........Especially if they can't backup those claims with verifiable data.

I imagine not. How could that ever happen from someone who seems to think they could only be shown their imperfections from only an equal peer.

You probably don't get that either do ya?

What can I say? I have not been in many situations in which children point out mistakes. I spent eleven years in the military, six and a half in law enforcement, and five as a teacher, where admittedly, a few students corrected my pronunciation of foreign words a couple of times......so I guess you win the argument.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top