Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shipping

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by gage62, Oct 15, 2011.

1. gage62

gage62 Oregon coast New Member

Has anyone run into issues with shipping items . Such as bad checks . I love to sell my brass but have been burned by 2 folks. Also do you think i need to post the names of the two that burned me .. One canceld his check. The other checks bounced like a rubber ball .. Thank gage:huh:

2. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

The best thing to do is...DO NOT SHIP ANY MERCHANDISE UNTIL THE CHECK CLEARS.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Next time take money order or PayPal.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  4. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Money orders are counterfeited all the time. Take only a USPS money order and cash it before sending goods. Or PayPal, although they don't like gun related items to be paid for through their site.

5. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

I agree on the USPS only! I only accept those when selling via mail. As for pay pal they will shut down your account if they find out it is gun related. I have used it but very little and no word of a gun related product. Also gift the money and you will not get tagged for there fee.

6. gage62

gage62 Oregon coast New Member

I just had a buy wat to send me a mo. I have told him no only a mo from the post office. He says he does not send post office mo .. sounds like a scam to me

7. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

I would only take what you want to take and don't do business with those that won't.

8. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

I either take USPS Money order, Paypal (which they can use their visa or debit for now) or personal check...wait for it to clear before shipping.

9. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have bought three guns new from Dealers with my Paypal Debt card. Good anywhere Mastercard is! So there is a limit to Paypals ability to limit what you can buy with their services.

10. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

A USPS MO or cash are the only true safe methods of payment. Payalot Pal can reverse payment if the payer files a complaint or he reverses payment made with a credit card. If you take a check wait until it clears your account.

PLEASE post the names of the bad check writers so no one else is ripped off.

Read pay pals terms, certain fire arm related items well get your account locked. It can take months to get your money from them. Not a problem for the buyer but the seller can get a royal screwing. You have to be discrete with the descriptions of the item sold.

11. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

As others have said, USPS Money Order, personal checks need to clear, and cash. I have used Paypal for buying and selling...and request discreet / "no gun related terms".

If I am buying something, I send payment with USPS MO and generally send it Priority with signature required (depending on value) to have a confirmation it was received and not "lost". And when sending items out, UPS or Priority mail with tracking and confirmation.

12. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Look at the Gun Broker sites.They all say "10 day hold on all personal checks"

13. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I used a Paypal Debt card the name on the receipt was WILD BILLS GUNS I seriously doubt it would have been a challenge to figure out what I bought with 350.00 to 750.00 debts.

You can use a Paypal money transfer to purchase firearms and some firearm related items. But you can use a Paypal Debt Card to buy Firearms and Firearm realted items. They can't stop you since they are connected to Mastercard. And it states right on the card GOOD ANYWHERE MASTERCARD IS ACCEPTED

The money never goes into a sellers paypal account. In fact the seller doesn't even have to have a paypal account. I have also used it at Midway and a number of other online dealers to buy reloading equipment and supplies.