Simply Triggers
Buster Beaver Cerakote
J&B Firearm Sales
Oregon Rifleworks
DSG Arms
Low Price Guns
Gun Deals
Reactions
Looking for some insight on the matter. Will be shipping it to be recored for upgraded baffles. USPS? UPS? Next day type thing or?

Thanks!

Reno

Reactions
What are you getting re-cored? And what does the MFG suggest for shipping? Usually a place like stalking rhino will prefer ups over FedEx, etc.

Personally I would ship it next day air saver with adult signature. Treat it like a handgun and reduce the chance of loss.

Ship it ground and it may get stuck in Atlanta or Oklahoma for a month for no good reason.

I think I've only returned a can for repair like once. It was a prepaid UPS label and no issues. I'm not entirely sure USPS would be legal, but even if so, they're service has been so outrageously abysmal in recent months that I wouldn't risk having a silencer lunched by that crew. But to each their own.

Reactions
It’s a form 1 can. Shipping it to the manufacture of the kits as they are offering upgraded internals (lighter and better design). They don’t specify a type of shipping.

Was looking to see if others had and how.

Sounds like UPS is the winner with next day services.

User 1234

Reactions
USPS regulations specifically include silencers within the definition of “firearm” and most people cannot mail any “firearm” capable of being concealed upon a person.

FedEx prohibits it, at least the last time I looked. I haven’t read UPS’ rules recently.

You should also research whether you need to accomplish an NFA transfer to the repairer. I had previously read that the ATF did not consider a return of the silencer to the silencer’s manufacturer for repair to be a transfer, but even if that is true it wouldn’t apply to a delivery to a person who is not the silencer’s manufacturer.

Look at section 9.5: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/undefined/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-9/download

Reactions
USPS regulations specifically include silencers within the definition of “firearm” and most people cannot mail any “firearm” capable of being concealed upon a person.

FedEx prohibits it, at least the last time I looked. I haven’t read UPS’ rules recently.

You should also research whether you need to accomplish an NFA transfer to the repairer. I had previously read that the ATF did not consider a return of the silencer to the silencer’s manufacturer for repair to be a transfer, but even if that is true it wouldn’t apply to a delivery to a person who is not the silencer’s manufacturer.

Look at section 9.5: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/undefined/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-9/download

My local Fed-Ex office has a sign prohibiting shipping even a scope

SUPER X

Reactions
You should be able to ship usps priority mail 3 day through a FFL .or if the place your sending it to has a FFL they can send you a label with copy of licence to include in the box with it. Ive had manufactures do it for me when sending in for warranty work.
Keep a copy of all paperwork for yourself & (signature required) is worth the peace of mind.
Finding A post office with clerks that are not brainwashed & know that it is permitted and legal might be a issue .you might have to go through the post master.When You find one treat them well And spread the good Word to those true 2A folk.:s0151::s0151:

Last Edited:
Finding A post office with clerks that are not brainwashed & know that it is permitted and legal might be a issue

I have found this to be a real problem. To the point of having to print out web pages from the official USPS site and showing it to them.

Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Cerberus Training Group
Copeland Custom Gunworks
DSG Arms
Project Appleseed
Southwest Firearms Forum
Sporting Systems
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
NW Custom Firearms

Upcoming Events

22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond, OR