JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for some insight on the matter. Will be shipping it to be recored for upgraded baffles. USPS? UPS? Next day type thing or?

Thanks!

Reno

What are you getting re-cored? And what does the MFG suggest for shipping? Usually a place like stalking rhino will prefer ups over FedEx, etc.

Personally I would ship it next day air saver with adult signature. Treat it like a handgun and reduce the chance of loss.

Ship it ground and it may get stuck in Atlanta or Oklahoma for a month for no good reason.

I think I've only returned a can for repair like once. It was a prepaid UPS label and no issues. I'm not entirely sure USPS would be legal, but even if so, they're service has been so outrageously abysmal in recent months that I wouldn't risk having a silencer lunched by that crew. But to each their own.

It's a form 1 can. Shipping it to the manufacture of the kits as they are offering upgraded internals (lighter and better design). They don't specify a type of shipping.

Was looking to see if others had and how.

Sounds like UPS is the winner with next day services.

USPS regulations specifically include silencers within the definition of "firearm" and most people cannot mail any "firearm" capable of being concealed upon a person.

FedEx prohibits it, at least the last time I looked. I haven't read UPS' rules recently.

You should also research whether you need to accomplish an NFA transfer to the repairer. I had previously read that the ATF did not consider a return of the silencer to the silencer's manufacturer for repair to be a transfer, but even if that is true it wouldn't apply to a delivery to a person who is not the silencer's manufacturer.

Look at section 9.5: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/undefined/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-9/download

It is crazy that the government allows filth to pile up in the streets and encourages heroin addiction through needle supplies yet spends so much time and effort micromanaging a metal tube that makes gunshots less loud.

You should ship a silencer the same way you ship a rifle. The USPS, UPS and fedex restrictions are on specifically handguns. You can do it overnight if you like but thats a huge unnecessary expense.

USPS regulations specifically include silencers within the definition of "firearm" and most people cannot mail any "firearm" capable of being concealed upon a person.

FedEx prohibits it, at least the last time I looked. I haven't read UPS' rules recently.

You should also research whether you need to accomplish an NFA transfer to the repairer. I had previously read that the ATF did not consider a return of the silencer to the silencer's manufacturer for repair to be a transfer, but even if that is true it wouldn't apply to a delivery to a person who is not the silencer's manufacturer.

Look at section 9.5: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/undefined/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-9/download

My local Fed-Ex office has a sign prohibiting shipping even a scope

I shipped a AAC to ECCO machine ups ground. Included list what I wanted done.
copy of stamp. Insured for a bunch.

You should be able to ship usps priority mail 3 day through a FFL .or if the place your sending it to has a FFL they can send you a label with copy of licence to include in the box with it. Ive had manufactures do it for me when sending in for warranty work.
Keep a copy of all paperwork for yourself & (signature required) is worth the peace of mind.
Finding A post office with clerks that are not brainwashed & know that it is permitted and legal might be a issue .you might have to go through the post master.When You find one treat them well And spread the good Word to those true 2A folk.:s0151::s0151:

Last Edited:
Thanks for all the replies. It will be going ups. Via their actual hub not aUPS store.

It shipped via UPS and has already been returned. Got new lighter, indexing, improved baffle stack. Can is lighter, and quieter than it was.

It shipped via UPS and has already been returned. Got new lighter, indexing, improved baffle stack. Can is lighter, and quieter than it was.
Which manufacturer did you use?
My form 1 is HEAVY! Kinda regret buying this one, but it was my first form 1 and had a coupon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top