JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like my Dillon 550, it goes a fast as I feel comfortable going. They are extra because I can't bring them to my house, my son is keeping them for me so I don't go over the 10,000 primer limit. But he gets free ammo from me, so really he should store them. I guess i should keep them.
If there is a 10000 primer limit I think I am in trouble.

If there is a 10000 primer limit I think I am in trouble.

Yah, huh?

F3FBC113-1559-44EC-B8BE-8A93A2DA184F.jpeg

You most definitely do not want to get caught shipping them the wrong way.

Imagine this scenario. A person ships primers by USPS Priority Mail, which goes by air transportation. Airliner blows mid-air up from some other cause. Sifting through the wreckage they find your return address and link it forensically to the primers. Even though not the cause of the blast, you're probably in some trouble.

not any kind of real going-rate.

Well, I figger if someone pays the GB price, it's real. So long as money changes hands, it counts. It may seem or be inflated but it's real.

Just for kicks, I'm going to contact a business in Portland that specializes in shipping hazmat materials and find out what their rates would be for 6 lbs of primers.

I like my Dillon 550, it goes a fast as I feel comfortable going. They are extra because I can't bring them to my house, my son is keeping them for me so I don't go over the 10,000 primer limit. But he gets free ammo from me, so really he should store them. I guess i should keep them.
3,000 more primers will cause the house to spontaniously blow up?

Well, I figger if someone pays the GB price, it's real. So long as money changes hands, it counts. It may seem or be inflated but it's real.
I see what you're saying; It is real and may very well be the "going rate" on Gunbroker, but I don't think it's the average going rate for the average person with a little patience and perseverance. :)

You can have more on your property, just not your residence. Any outside building would be ok.

Honestly, it depends on how "residence" is defined. I haven't looked it up so I don't know if it means the structure called a house or if it means all the land and buildings. If I want to store 10001 primers -- I'd run that definition down.

I see what you're saying; It is real and may very well be the "going rate" on Gunbroker, but I don't think it's the average going rate for the average person with a little patience and perseverance.

My take is that if an item is seen on Gunbroker, people know exactly where to get it. Patience and perseverance don't need to be expended. They have a sure shot at getting what they want or need without the bother of the hunt. On the other hand, if you know what you want but don't know where to get it, you may have to look all over Hell and half of Georgia to find it. Which takes time and money. The online venues eliminate this aspect. So the premium in price may not be so bad if you take into account the reduction of the search effort. But you might just get lucky next week, walk into some random gun store and find just what you want for a low price. It happens.

Another thing about people buying online. They may live in some place that is far from sources of what they want. So buying something on Gunbroker for whatever price seems perfectly fair and normal.

My experience with selling on Gunbroker is that it works best for one-off merchandise. Common stuff, there is a lot of competition.

The subject of relative scarcity is another issue entirely. What is reasonable and logical can go out the window in unusual times. I believe we may see some entertainingly interesting prices closer to the general election. And probably way after.

That doesn't answer the question of the meaning of "residence". For example, a different chapter defines "residence" as follows:

As used in RCW 84.36.381 through 84.36.389, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) The term "residence" means a single-family dwelling unit whether such unit be separate or part of a multiunit dwelling, including the land on which such dwelling stands not to exceed one acre, except that a residence includes any additional property up to a total of five acres that comprises the residential parcel if this larger parcel size is required under land use regulations. ....

Now the section I quoted above defining "residence" is about property taxes, not explosives, so it could be argued that the word residence in chapter 70 means something different than in chapter 84. (*)

But note that the definitions in 70.74 contain an entry for "inhabited building". RCW 70.74.010: Definitions. at paragraph 16. From that definition, it is obvious that the legislature understood that some buildings are inhabited like a house and some are not. But in .350, the legislature did not use that narrower term -- it used the term of "residence" and as we see in the other chapters, residence is not always limited to an inhabited building. One of the rules of statutory interpretation presumes legislators chose their words carefully, and so choosing not to use "inhabited building" right after they defined it, is evidence that the legislature meant "residence" to mean something more than merely an inhabited building.

I don't know how this would turn out, but the point is, if a person want's to store primer number 10001 in a shed not attached to the house, that person might end up financing a six figure appeal where lawyers and courts burn his assets to the ground while arguing about what residence means.

-----

(*) In contrast, residential burglary involves entering a "dwelling": RCW 9A.52.025: Residential burglary. This would tend to favor the person storing primers in a detatched shed so long as "residential" means the same as "residence". Of course, like the tax statute, this doesn't directly relate to explosives.

Last Edited:
I didn't have to work my full shift yesterday so grabbed the wife and ran down to CDA to get the Costco shopping out of the way. Went next door to Black Sheep, they had cci srp for $34.95, 1000 primer limit. Have to admit I bought one and found a smoking deal on speer 110 grn bullets for the 300 blackout.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top