JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a listing for 25 round 22lr magazines. I was contacted by a member here.
Is it legal for me to ship those to Massachusetts if the buyer has a FFL? How do I verify?

Thanks

Last Edited:
It's usually the buyer/recipients responsibility regarding local laws for private sales of non-GCA items in occupied territory, But if you want to cover yourself, e-mail the FFL in MA, listing what you intend on shipping. If you're concerned about them being a valid FFL, get their number and look it up.

Yeah. I am not comfortable with it. I called somebody and they told me to verify the FFL then call a lawyer.
That is way beyond the scope of this sale and what I am wanting to get into. Thanks for all your help.

Last Edited:
unless the end user is an LEO or FFL himself, he can't possess >10rnd mags here in MA unless it falls into the 'pre-ban' (1984) category.

Thank you for your sharing your knowledge and post. So, like CA, MA has a 10 round mag limit?

If I understand stand this correctly only LOE's and FFL's can own (and I assume use) >10 round mags?

What happens when a LEO is no longer a LEO? Are they now illegal for them to own and must turn them in? Same thing about the FFL holder, what happens if/when they are no longer an FFL holder?

I'm curious and just asking. Thank you.

Yes, 10rnd limit here.

I don't know the answer to your question but my hunch is that they'd be grandfathered in or it'd be an ongoing 'perk'. Nobody is giving up anything and the fraternity of cops pretty much assures a blind eye.

What do you think would happen if you shipped the mags and got "busted?" I'm just curious. Do you think that a DA in Massachusetts would file charges against you? I'm not telling you to break any laws, I'm just curious what your thought process is.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top