JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

<Quote>

May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to him or herself in care of another person in the state where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner "in the care of" the out–of–state resident. Upon reaching its destination, persons other than the owner may not open the package or take possession of the firearm.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may...s-or-her-use-hunting-or-other-lawful-activity

I have done this several times now in the last many years for Wife and I. It does end up costing a few bucks but was well worth it to me. We do not travel to see others often so it's not a big deal. Last couple times a couple guns along with things like her pricey camera were shipped ahead. We then fly with just carry on. Last day we were there I went and shipped the stuff back to me and it got back a couple or 3 days after we got home. There is some risk here but to me it was worth it. Everyone has to decide how they want to do it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top