Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shipping Handgun

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Ligito, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Ligito

Ligito Oregon Active Member

I sold a handgun and had it shipped from a dealer in Oregon to a dealer in Illinois.

UPS wanted $86, FedEx wanted $75 and the USPS $24.05, for the 2 lb. package.
    Of course, he shipped it USPS.

2. Topper

Topper Seattle, WA Member

Maybe that's why USPS needs to cancel saturday delivery service!!

:laugh:

3. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

That is just irritating. As an 03FFL (C&R) I can't use USPS, have to use FEDEX or UPS....has to go by "common carrier" overnight....ARGH!!

4. Ligito

It still has to go Priority Mail, even with the USPS.

5. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

For my education
    I Shipped a rifle back to the dealer - Used UPS ground. I believe they returned it UPS groumd. The only issue I had was I had to go to the regional center - the small office ( Old Mailboxes type place) would not accept a rifle

Are you saying that with a pistol- it has to go overnight?
    Is the logic is there is less opportunity for someone to snatch it in route?

6. ricsha

ricsha Oregon Coast - Lincoln City Member

You and I can't ship a handgun Priority Mail USPS but a dealer can. Sometimes it's cheaper to go thru a dealer even with their transfer fees, because it costs so much more to use UPS or FedEx. I've done all three and none are cheap!

7. Ligito

Fed Ex has to go Priority Overnight--UPS has to go one of the 3 levels of Next Day Air and USPS goes Priority Mail and is much cheaper.

Dealer to dealer is OK but a non-licensee has to ship a handgun through an FFL.

8. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

I shipped two guns today for clients I charged $40.00 to send each one USPS parcel post insured. Maybe your FFL won't rake you over the coals...

9. billdeserthills

I am an FFL & you are wrong. A non-licensee may ship a handgun UPS or FedEx and the gun must be shipped to an FFL

10. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

My complaint is that when I ship a C&R handgun, I can't use USPS, I have to use FEDEX or UPS. I can't save the money an 01 FFL can because he is a dealer, I am only a collector with an 03 FFL....

11. billdeserthills

You could if you came into my store, I don't feel the need to gouge my customers