JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious about shipping a handgun to Vancouver from Tri-Cities. I'd normally just drive over but with the 10 day minimum wait and fuel at $6/gallon I'd prefer to just ship.

If I'm interpreting the laws correctly, I can ship as a private individual, a handgun via UPS or FedEx to their chosen FFL and the FFL will process/handle the remainder of the process, to include background check, transfer, etc.

Any errors in the logic?

Thanks 🙏

You can also go to a local ffl and ask them to ship it to the destination ffl. They might upcharge you on the shipping cost, but it takes the liabilities off your hands and they probably get better shipping prices anyway.

Curious about shipping a handgun to Vancouver from Tri-Cities. I'd normally just drive over but with the 10 day minimum wait and fuel at $6/gallon I'd prefer to just ship.

If I'm interpreting the laws correctly, I can ship as a private individual, a handgun via UPS or FedEx to their chosen FFL and the FFL will process/handle the remainder of the process, to include background check, transfer, etc.

Any errors in the logic?

Thanks 🙏
Shop around for an FFL that will charge a reasonable fee, say $25 for the transfer and actual shipping charges. Private citizens pay additional shipping charges via FEDEX and UPS if they will even do it. Not all their sites will!

Also check out "Shipmygun"!

For me I'd just take it to Vancouver to avoid additional hassles!

RE : Post #6

Speaking of which......
Back in the day......
I use to drive with my son (on mini Vacations/Sight Seeing Tours) to some far away WA and OR places to purchase firearms. Yeah.....all before the B.S. about BGCs.

But YES. I hear the OP, about the gas prices.

FJB and the lawmakers of WA State.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
You can also go to a local ffl and ask them to ship it to the destination ffl. They might upcharge you on the shipping cost, but it takes the liabilities off your hands and they probably get better shipping prices anyway.
If I had to ship it, this would be my choice. call around to see how much they charge.

Well, right here in Vancouver, WA.....
I recently had a very pleasant experience with a transfer made at :

Clark County Gunsmiting

I have no affiliation. Just another customer.

Aloha, Mark

PS....IMHO, call ahead and be sure to go over the costs involved prior to doing the deal.

Personally, I would have the buyer figure out where they want to do the transfer and have them email you the FFL information. Make it clear that shipping both ways is their expense if they don't want the gun or don't pass the background check. Then make sure the check clears.

I see no reason to become in charge of how FFLs in some remote location operate. Not my problem.

If he can't pass the BGC it's now between him and the FFL as to what to do with the gun, you are essentially out of the picture. FFL can buy the gun or he can leave it on consignment. If you made some inspection agreement, that's a different story.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am looking for reasonably priced FFL transfer agents in Clark County, WA that will receive and transfer out of state firearm purchases. I called gun store and they wanted $45. Sounds high to me. Thanks.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am looking for reasonably priced FFL transfer agents in Clark County, WA that will receive and transfer out of state firearm purchases. I called gun store and they wanted $45. Sounds high to me. Thanks.
Greedy thieving sob's sounds like to me.

Dan

Are you talking in Oregon or Washington? Your signature says you're in Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top