JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I will be relocating to S. Carolina soon and need to get my firearms there. What are the rules and best way to do this. Are there shippers that will do this safely and reliably without concern of theft?

I may ship my household goods, and drive there. I could hand carry them there, but having them in my PU for several days also worries me from a security standpoint.

Experience? Recommendations?

Thanks

When I moved some household goods and items , to include some firearms and related gear from Ohio to Washington state...
I used Wheaton moving and storage...they were top notch in all aspects.
Granted this was a few years ago...
Andy

Are there shippers that will do this safely and reliably without concern of theft?

Unfortunately, no. Theft is always a very real possibility. If you're going to ship them, I would absolutely make sure that they are fully insured. Remember that most home owners policies usually only cover a couple thousand dollars worth of insurance. I'd take out a separate policy if need be.

However, given the choice of hand carry or shipping...and the risks associated with each method...I would hand carry them, without a doubt. I'd do the drive as quickly as possible and move the guns in and out of my hotel room each night. And I'd try to park where I have line of sight for meals and such.

The only way I might consider shipping is to overnight them via fedex/UPS to a family member or trusted friend. But that certainly isn't going to be cheap.

Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top