JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have read somewhere that It was legal in states like FL, and TX that private party may ship a firearm to a Nonlicencee as long as you have a valid copy of the buyer/seller Driver Licence from the same state...

does this apply to WA? anyone have any RCW's on this???

Thanks!!!

Lets define a couple terms then you can clarify your question:

interstate - between or involving two or more of the states

intrastate - relating to or existing within the boundaries of a state

The minute you cross state lines you some under the jurisdiction of the federal government. (It's that pesky "interstate commerce" clause that they always use to justify intrusion into peoples' lives.) Federal firearms laws apply. Never mind the state laws. The BATFags will kick your door in and do a Waco on you if you start mailing firearms to non-licensees. (Der Gestapo is watching.)

sorry, I ment Intrastate... Can a guy sell a gun to someone and ship it to them in the same state? or must it go to an FFL?

I know for a fact that in FL and TX you can sell and ship a firearm (longarms only) to someone in the SAME state...

Lets just say I live in sequim, Wa and I make a deal with someone in lets say Pullman, Wa. Can I ship it to this person? or must I ship to an FFL

sorry, I ment Intrastate... Can a guy sell a gun to someone and ship it to them in the same state? or must it go to an FFL?

I know for a fact that in FL and TX you can sell and ship a firearm (longarms only) to someone in the SAME state...

Lets just say I live in sequim, Wa and I make a deal with someone in lets say Pullman, Wa. Can I ship it to this person? or must I ship to an FFL

The answer is yes you can ship a gun person to person within your state without an FFL if you both are residents.

I just spent an hour looking and found nothing... I guess thats why Im not a lawyer!!!

No if you were a lawyer you would just keep billing. If i were a lawyer i wouldn't be looking fast, i would look slow as i would be paid by the hour. and i would have a paralegal look as i was too important to be bothered with research.

Trlsmn is correct about finding something that says you cannot. we don't make laws that say you can, we make laws that say you cannot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top